• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3.2m eco solvent printer Help!

allinonegraphics

I'm thinking of buying this printer, is Chinese but first I want to know the opinion of you to know if it's worth. I'm now starting my own business, you think I should start with this printer or something smaller I prefer this to the fact that I can use different sizes of materials. pLease let me know your opinion. Thank You

Sincerly
William López, All In One Graphics

Robert M

Printer

Ask the seller these questions

who will install?
who will do the warranty work
how long to get service tech to you
where will warranty parts come from
get names of 5 people who have the printer and speak with them before you buy.

allinonegraphics

Sorry Here is the info

I'm sorry here is the information of the printer:

Name : Inkjet printer machine(4 COLORS)
Print technology : Drop-on-demand Piezo electric
Printhead : 1/ 2 piece Epson DX5 heads
Print width: 3.2M
Resolution: 1440dpi max
Speed : 2pass 60sqm/h; 4pass 30 sqm/h; 6pass 18sqm/h with two heads Locating mode Raster /servo
Color :C M Y K
Media width :3.2M
Media handl: Roll to roll
Media types : outdoor media and indoor media: flex banner,vinyl , one way vision,mesh photo paper,PP paper ,PET and so on.
Ink: Eco-Solvent ink two-year outdoor life
File format : TIFF JPEG Postscript EPS PDF
Working process: Printmon software for windows xp
Rip Photoprint /maintop
Power supply : 50hz/60hz 220v(10%)20A
Operation environmeng : (Tempperature )18-26(Humidity )40%-70% Dimesion :4.5m*0.9m*1.3m Net Weight / Gross Weight : 450KG/570KG

xxtoni

Although it is true many of the components for the wide format printers are made in China; if you buy direct from China and you have a problem, who services the printer?

Well this isn't exactly a Roland...it doesn't really matter if the dealer is nearby you usually have to service Chinese printers yourself.

I have had a few and while they in no way compare to my VS-640 I have payed of all of them within 3 months of owning them and I have barely made even on the ink for the 640.

Both types of machines have their role. You can get a pretty good machine for production print under 10 grand and you can certainly pay it off in no time if you have enough work. But on the other hand I wouldn't have made it in this business for very long had I not bought the 640

--
Antonio