Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 d printing of a house?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Locals Find!, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Locals Find!

Locals Find! Very Active Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Myers
    [video=youtube;QxqROe8tevo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxqROe8tevo[/video]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2014
    Tags:
  2. thesignguy1986

thesignguy1986 Member

Oct 23, 2006
    76 E. Market
    Absolutely amazing! I think people are too smart for their own good sometimes though

3. Saw Trax

Saw Trax Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Kennesaw, GA
    That's pretty cool!

4. DizzyMarkus

DizzyMarkus Active Member

Jan 23, 2012
    IMHO -- theres too many people out of work to even be dabling with these kinds of ideas. Sameo for Amazon and the droan deliveries--- lets work America :0)

5. Locals Find!

Locals Find! Very Active Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Myers
    This concept would actually stimulate more jobs in the construction industry. As houses would be able to be built faster, and cheaper. More houses would be built on average and more operators, designers, & finishers would be needed. Framers might be the only ones that see reduced demand.

6. DizzyMarkus

DizzyMarkus Active Member

Jan 23, 2012
    Coat it with what you like, automation is less jobs-- listen the the beginning of your own video it explains this. -- Anywho just my opinion :0)

7. Asuma01

Asuma01 Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Bend, OR
    Automation isn't going away and its not going to lessen. Better to find new avenues of work to take advantage then to try and go against.

8. John L

John L Very Active Member

Apr 28, 2007
    Yeh it's bleak alright but they're not out of work because of the machines. It's more likely the excessive labor costs, lack of work ethic, lack of production mentality, smoke breaks, overtime, unions, too many chiefs and not one good indian left, etc etc etc you name it. The fact that we need to invent that machine is insane.

9. MrSalumi

MrSalumi Member

Oct 27, 2012
    earth
    automation... jobs... politics... blah.blah.blah

I think this idea is cool and I can't wait to see it in action!