• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3-in-1 oil

jfiscus

Rap Master
This process was "recommended" by a Roland Service Center, after some diagnosis of carriage errors we were having. It worked like a charm and the printer is happier and quieter while printing.

Get a small container of 3-in-1 oil or sewing machine oil from your local hardware store.

Apply a few drops on the track that the carriage rolls on next time you are doing a head cleaning & roll the carriage back and forth over it a few times, this will help lube the rollers and clean dirt out of them (the problem we were having - binding rollers; causing carriage disconnect errors). After this, re-clean the track to remove the debris left behind & apply another drop or two to the track.

You can also apply a few drops onto the top of the carriage motor back behind the control panel, this quieted things down for us also.

The 3rd thing we have found a use for with this oil is a binding blade. Our blade was replaced a coupel weeks ago and it was cutting fine, then it started randomly "not cutting" like the blade wasn't revolving correctly. Removed it & lubed up the holder and reinserted it & it's back to cutting great again with no problems since then.

Just wanted to share this tidbit of CHEAP DIY tech in case someone else runs into this problem. If you don't feel comfortable doing this don't do it & if you mess up - don't blame me.

Stealth Ryder

This process was "recommended" by a Roland Service Center, after some diagnosis of carriage errors we were having. It worked like a charm and the printer is happier and quieter while printing.

Get a small container of 3-in-1 oil or sewing machine oil from your local hardware store.

Apply a few drops on the track that the carriage rolls on next time you are doing a head cleaning & roll the carriage back and forth over it a few times, this will help lube the rollers and clean dirt out of them (the problem we were having - binding rollers; causing carriage disconnect errors). After this, re-clean the track to remove the debris left behind & apply another drop or two to the track.

You can also apply a few drops onto the top of the carriage motor back behind the control panel, this quieted things down for us also.

The 3rd thing we have found a use for with this oil is a binding blade. Our blade was replaced a coupel weeks ago and it was cutting fine, then it started randomly "not cutting" like the blade wasn't revolving correctly. Removed it & lubed up the holder and reinserted it & it's back to cutting great again with no problems since then.

Just wanted to share this tidbit of CHEAP DIY tech in case someone else runs into this problem. If you don't feel comfortable doing this don't do it & if you mess up - don't blame me.

Been using this stuff for years when maintaining printers, works much better than anything else...:Cool 2: