• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

300 g paper on HPL2500 :: Headstrikes

GP

Trying to print some heavier stock posters on the HPL2500 - specifically the LexJet Velvet Rag SUV.

http://www.lexjet.com/i-15822-LexJet-Sunset-Velvet-Rag-SUV-54in-x-100ft-SVRSUV5410.aspx

Of course, they do not have a Caldera profile, but I was assured that I would love the way this stuff prints.

Now I have about ten hours into it - trying to chase a solution to avoid head strikes. I started with the HP Photorealistic profile and increased vacuum and lowered heat in stages, etc. I can't seem to get the stuff to work. And now, it's Friday and I am under the gun.

Anyone run this media - or something similar with success?

GP

Thanks Colorado - Just for grins, I decreased them way down. Running 60c Curing, 40C Drying. Still get consistent strikes.

I know it's a heat thing - the prints starts fine - 3-5" in, when things start heating up, it must start buckling.

Hadn't messed with airflow.

GP

Heat settings all the way down.

Air flow all the way up.

Printed a 12 x 18 snipe with success.

Cross your fingers - 405 feet to go.

HulkSmash

Heat settings all the way down.

Air flow all the way up.

Printed a 12 x 18 snipe with success.

Cross your fingers - 405 feet to go.

I was having the same problem with the Shil poster, and i just ordered the HP photo real.

GP

Yes - I have done that a few times when trying to work with this heavier stock. I don't want to get into art reproductions (I know this machine would not excel in that catagory and I know I don't want to deal with those clients), but it would be nice to have a nice, heavy rag - like a good screen printed concert poster - instead of this poster material you would hang on your dorm wall.

I was assured this was the stuff...and here I am.

jkdbjj

Thanks for your help, by the way.

I always appreciate it.
Are you able to make a difference by baby sitting the printer and sort of pull on the media a little when you see it buckling? I am also running similar media, and just have to on occasion do that to keep it performing.

GP

That was the manufacturers recommendation also - and we compensated by loading up a 3" core to keep consistent pressure on tack up reel --- which seemed to work.

And I just got into my second 53x38 print...annnnnnnd. Head strike. So now, even if all goes seamlessly from this point forward, I am short on material.

So f it. I am going to get plastered.

ProColorGraphics

I just printed a bunch of this on my L26500. I used the HP Photorealistic paper setting, 16 pass. I think I just duplicated the 12pass setting in EasyMedia to make a 16pass profile. So far, it works great. This was actually some art prints for a local artist and she loves them. I am using Caldera VisualRIP. If I remember right, when it started, I had to have the paper almost sticking out of the front of the heater. It was just getting it loaded that was the pain.

I also have printed on the heavy 2 sided Sihl paper, doing 2-sided prints and it came out great. You can also look into the Fibermark papers. They are heavier and work great since they actually like the heat turned up a little. Let me know if you need a contact for those.