• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3000 Coroplast Signs for how much!?

ActualGrafix

I got a call yesterday asking for 3000, 2 sided, 1 color, 18x24 Coroplast signs. I quoted them $2.50-$3.50 ea. (since i have never had an order of that quantity, i wanted to search for the best sub-out price). They tell me that they can order them at PCSigns.com for $2 ea. so I told them i couldn't go that cheap. I thought they were just trying to haggle a better price but low and behold i go to the website and they advertise for $2.04ea.! Whisky Tango Foxtrot?! I can't even find them that cheap at wholesale prices. Crazy. :banghead:

**that was supposed to be 18x24**

Last edited:

SignManiac

They're screened for sure and that's dirt cheap. Move on to the next better paying job. That size makes no sense either, not being cut from 4'x8' sheets. Somebody isn't getting rich off that job at those prices.

thesignguy1986

I get about $2.75 ea for an order of 3000 and that's only 18" x 24" with a stake. If they can get it that cheap listen to Maniac and tell them sorry but if they need anything else to let you know.

slappy

PCSigns.com will probably make up for it in the shipping. I know i order a 100 18x24 blanks from grimco and that is a good size package. I couldn't imagine 30 of them.....

$.55 for coro + $.20 for ink + $.10 for screen 10 hours labor at $15.00 an hour = $3300 + $60 + $30 + $150 total $3540 sell for $6000 (3000 X $2) gross profit $2460 Good Days work IMHO.

ActualGrafix

$.55 for coro + $.20 for ink + $.10 for screen 10 hours labor at $15.00 an hour = $3300 + $60 + $30 + $150 total $3540 sell for $6000 (3000 X $2) gross profit $2460 Good Days work IMHO.

You forgot $.45 - $.85 for the stakes. I can get the signs for $1.61 ea. but the stakes are what costs. I can't find any for less than $.48 ea.

Signs $1.61 x 3000=$4830
+
Stakes $.48 x 3000 =$1440
=$6270

ActualGrafix

I get about $2.75 ea for an order of 3000 and that's only 18" x 24" with a stake. If they can get it that cheap listen to Maniac and tell them sorry but if they need anything else to let you know.

That's about what i was thinking abouy $2.75. Otherwise they can just hit the road jack.

royster13

There is no way there is 10 hours in a job like that in a shop that is set up for volume.....Maybe 4 or 5 hours.....And no way .20 for ink and .10 for screen...Probably less than 1/2 that.....The cheapest selling price I could find tonight was 1.75 each....3,000 will be 2 skids and if the printer is shipping volume a regional shipment I am sure the shipping would add no more than 0.08 to 0.10 each in the same region.....Doing volume in this product requires sourcing materials in China buy by the container load (about 64,000 pre-cut blanks)...Tough for anyone re-selling to match the online sellers....

Vinylman

Can anyone involved with THIS DISCUSSION, explain why you are talking about PRICING? ANY PRICING? in an open forum?

It is no wonder the public bitches that your prices are "TO HIGH" when you use a public forum to discuss pricing issues. The PREMIUM area is where this type of discussion belongs.

OH! but that's right, you can't afford the cost of admission to the PREMIUM section, because you can't charge enough due to prices being so low!!! DUHHH!

sjm

Client's are educated so I don't understand your beef? What's the yield on a 4x8 sheet of coro vs a 4x10.

Last edited:

TheSnowman

Can anyone involved with THIS DISCUSSION, explain why you are talking about PRICING? ANY PRICING? in an open forum?

It is no wonder the public bitches that your prices are "TO HIGH" when you use a public forum to discuss pricing issues. The PREMIUM area is where this type of discussion belongs.

OH! but that's right, you can't afford the cost of admission to the PREMIUM section, because you can't charge enough due to prices being so low!!! DUHHH!
:thumb:

parrott

Prices like that are not that crazy. It all depends on what your niche is. If you are a screen printer that is right up your alley. We screen print corrugated political signs all day, every day. There is a lower margin on those jobs because of the competitiveness, but it is still a healthy job for us. For 3,000 we would beat the hell out of that price and still make a nice profit. Our shop is set up to print high volume runs like this and it is our bread and butter. Lower volume runs are our weakness. We are never as competitive and there is too much set up time involved for us to mess with it.

parrott

There is no way there is 10 hours in a job like that in a shop that is set up for volume.....Maybe 4 or 5 hours.....And no way .20 for ink and .10 for screen...Probably less than 1/2 that.....The cheapest selling price I could find tonight was 1.75 each....3,000 will be 2 skids and if the printer is shipping volume a regional shipment I am sure the shipping would add no more than 0.08 to 0.10 each in the same region.....Doing volume in this product requires sourcing materials in China buy by the container load (about 64,000 pre-cut blanks)...Tough for anyone re-selling to match the online sellers....

This is completely incorrect. We get around 350-400 hits per hour (and that is fast!). 3,000 pcs x 2 hits (2-sided)=6,000 hits. 6,000/400=15 hours of solid printing with no problems. To print 6000 hits in 4 hours, your are suggesting that somebody can print 1500 hits per hour which is insane! If there is somebody out there that can do this, I would like to know.

ActualGrafix

...Yea im sure that's exactly why.... :corndog: :rolleyes: