• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

330 Take up reel Wrinkles

AF

Another thing the 360 does not have is a loop former. It has a tension bar that connects to spring arms on either side. Even pressure all the way across.

If I am not mistaken, it is the same as the 260, a metal tube attached to plastic arms that are attached to a metal axle. If HP no longer ships the plastic loop former, that is a shame because it is necessary for narrow media i.e. 24", 30", 36", 42" and 54".

If I am not mistaken, it is the same as the 260, a metal tube attached to plastic arms that are attached to a metal axle. If HP no longer ships the plastic loop former, that is a shame because it is necessary for narrow media i.e. 24", 30", 36", 42" and 54".

Why is it necessary for smaller stuff I don't understand. We run 14" vinyl with the take up reel and metal tension bar and never had an issue. I thought the 260 came with the plastic one also. It is the same as you describe though. And the new 360 does not come with the plastic ones.

AF

Why is it necessary for smaller stuff I don't understand. We run 14" vinyl with the take up reel and metal tension bar and never had an issue. I thought the 260 came with the plastic one also. It is the same as you describe though. And the new 360 does not come with the plastic ones.

Simply put, the metal bar is heavy so if you are running narrow media the bar will want to distort the media as it winds up due to the weight being unequal. The plastic support arms are not always parallel either which adds to the problem. The longer the run, the worse it gets. The advantage of the plastic loop formers is that they match the media width exactly and are not very heavy. This could be the cause of the OP's issue with rewinding the 42" wide media with the metal loop former.

Kwiksigns

wookie
Simply put, the metal bar is heavy so if you are running narrow media the bar will want to distort the media as it winds up due to the weight being unequal. The plastic support arms are not always parallel either which adds to the problem. The longer the run, the worse it gets. The advantage of the plastic loop formers is that they match the media width exactly and are not very heavy. This could be the cause of the OP's issue with rewinding the 42" wide media with the metal loop former.

the 260 is a completely different printer than the 360.... if you dont use the metal tension bar, you get no take-up reel. The way they built it is far better than the 260.... no need for that stupid plastic loop former.

Davo

On the 360 and I guess the 330 also, you have to use the metal takeup, it will automatically wind up or rewind depending on arm position. It's great and works a treat for me with any media form 50-60". Don't have any 2" media to test with but I don't see that being the problem. Wrinkling is definitely a heat related issue.

We run 14", 18", 24", 30", 36", 42", 48", 54" and 60" material through our L360 using the metal tension bar and we never have an issues with buckling or walking to one side or the other. It works excellent.

AF

We run 14", 18", 24", 30", 36", 42", 48", 54" and 60" material through our L360 using the metal tension bar and we never have an issues with buckling or walking to one side or the other. It works excellent.

You mentioned springs earlier, so I assume they added a counterbalance to the metal bar for the 300.

You mentioned springs earlier, so I assume they added a counterbalance to the metal bar for the 300.

There are two arms on either end. These arms are spring loaded. If you pick them up on your own you can feel the tension pulling down. Check picture.

Attachments

• logo.jpg
    logo.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 129

hdjames

There are two arms on either end. These arms are spring loaded. If you pick them up on your own you can feel the tension pulling down. Check picture.

So ran another tae up reel. Much better success. There was only one bubble in whole real at the start when material first started looping. Everything else was perfect! We really concentrated on connecting to core perfect make sure he was no skew in connecting it

Well thanks everyone for the help!