• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

330 vs 360

Brands Imaging

Hey Everyone - I did as much poking around to find the answer to my specific question but couldn't track it down so I decided to post.

I currently have a JV33 and love the speed, we print 6 pass bidirectional all day long.

I have been looking at the latex machines for a while now and it finally seems like they have worked out the bugs with this new lineup of machines. My main concern that I was having was the slow speed of the previous models. Mostly compared to my JV33. I had checked out an open house @ Grimco and the 360 looked pretty fast and the speed sheet looked good. While I was going through how much I wanted to spend I decided on the 330 because we probably wouldn't use the on board profiler anyway.

So they shipped the machine and its sitting on a skid in my shop still in the box and it just occurred to me that the 330 is... by HP's brochure almost 1/2 the speed of the 360. I immediately emailed my sales rep and he said that the only was the case on max speed mode and that they were about even on quality speed. We just our machines fast and pick the best profiles.

I'm concerned. Please help!!

CreatedDesigns

Looks like a jv33 prints at 12 square meters an hour. The 330 is at 14 and 360 comes in at 17. So I guess it depends on how much printing you need to do in a day to see if you need the small speed increase. And I believe the bugs have been worked out of the latex machines for a while now, We just want more features and speed! Oh and quality........haha. I hear the next HP printer will have a kuerig, microwave and mini fridge built in.........

Hotspur

Your sales guy is wrong I'm afraid.

Hi

The 360 is faster and not just in the fastest print mode.

For example at 8 pass the 360 runs at 17sqm/h and the 330 at 13sqm/h. i.e every 3 rolls the 330 prints, the 360 will print 4 - I guess only you can decide how important this is.

The reason for the speed difference is the head speed is faster in the 360 at all pass rates.

Hzone15

Sales Guy is Wrong

Latex 330 64"

Max Speed

Outdoor Plus 6 pass

Indoor Quality

Backlits textiles

Latex 360 64"

Max Speed

Outdoor Plus

Indoor Quality

Backlits Textiles

HulkSmash

We have 360s.
We can run them at about 150 sqft an hr.

the older models are half the speed.. and for the 360 we literally have to destroy the material before the ink scratches off.. it's a great unit so far.

Yes the 360 prints faster in all modes. Also the only difference is not the onboard spectrometer for profiling. Neither the 310 or the 330 do double sided prints automatically. You can double sided print but you have to learn to line it up yourself. Also the 310 and the 330 don't come with the ink collector for printing on porous materials. And also because of the ink collector the 360 is the only model that will do edge to edge printing.

When it came down to it all the extras and possibilities with the L360 really added up and made it worth the extra money for us. Grimco didn't install yet so tell them you were given mis-information by one of their sales guys. Which led to you purchasing the wrong printer. They want you to be happy and keep using them, they will help you.

HulkSmash

Yes the 360 prints faster in all modes. Also the only difference is not the onboard spectrometer for profiling. Neither the 310 or the 330 do double sided prints automatically. You can double sided print but you have to learn to line it up yourself. Also the 310 and the 330 don't come with the ink collector for printing on porous materials. And also because of the ink collector the 360 is the only model that will do edge to edge printing.

When it came down to it all the extras and possibilities with the L360 really added up and made it worth the extra money for us. Grimco didn't install yet so tell them you were given mis-information by one of their sales guys. Which led to you purchasing the wrong printer. They want you to be happy and keep using them, they will help you.

also the 310 and 330 do not come with a take up.

MMG

The HP Latex 330 and 360 printers have different speeds at different quality modes. Here is some information about both printers that you might find useful (extracted from the product datasheets):

HP Latex 330 Printer:

Billboard (2 pass): 50 m²/hr (538 ft²/hr)
Outdoor High Speed (4 pass): 23 m²/hr (248 ft²/hr)
Outdoor Plus (6 pass): 17 m²/hr (183 ft²/hr)
Indoor Quality (8 pass): 13 m²/hr (140 ft²/hr)
Indoor High Quality (10 pass): 10 m²/hr (108 ft²/hr)
Backlits, Textiles, and Canvas (16 pass): 6 m²/hr (65 ft²/hr)
High Saturation Textiles (20 pass): 5 m²/hr (54 ft²/hr)

HP Latex 360 Printer

Billboard (2 pass): 91 m²/hr (980 ft²/hr)
Outdoor High Speed (4 pass): 31 m²/hr (334 ft²/hr)
Outdoor Plus (6 pass): 23 m²/hr (248 ft²/hr)
Indoor Quality (8 pass): 17 m²/hr (183 ft²/hr)
Indoor High Quality (10 pass): 14 m²/hr (151 ft²/hr)
Backlits, Textiles, and Canvas (16 pass): 6 m²/hr (65 ft²/hr)
High Saturation Textiles (20 pass): 5 m²/hr (54 ft²/hr)

Hope this helps.

dypinc

I would be interesting to know on the 330 since it is slowed down if HP allows for more ink density.

Unless you can live with a washed out look, 4 and 2 pass are pretty much useless on the 360.

I would be interesting to know on the 330 since it is slowed down if HP allows for more ink density.

Unless you can live with a washed out look, 4 and 2 pass are pretty much useless on the 360.

No the print quality and ink is all handeled the same. The 360 has a OMAS sensor which allows the printing to be done faster and just as precise as the others. There is no print difference between the three. Unless you count the materials your able to print on. 360 can do porus flag like materials with the ink collector. Or if you count double sided. only the 360 does this which is another benefit from the OMAS.

Brands Imaging

So I bought the 330 when I had posted this already. It does come with a take up real and it is faster them my mimaki but they sheer fact alone that the 360 is much faster then the 330 is making me return it. That AND the fact that within a week of me having the thing it already broke. Just stopped turning on and an HP tech how to come out and repair.

I purchased this printer from advantage. Even though Grimco is really aggressive with pricing and pretty on point with thier sales I have purchase a lot of equipment with advantage in the past and thier tech support team is 2nd to none!!

So...I am actually returning the 330 for the 360. i want the speed. Also....I have to say, THE 310 AND THE 330 DO NOT COME WITH A CUTTING TOOL IN THE HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU NEED TO CUT MANUALLY.....which is a complete joke. A small part but HUGE PIA!!

HulkSmash

So I bought the 330 when I had posted this already. It does come with a take up real and it is faster them my mimaki but they sheer fact alone that the 360 is much faster then the 330 is making me return it. That AND the fact that within a week of me having the thing it already broke. Just stopped turning on and an HP tech how to come out and repair.

I purchased this printer from advantage. Even though Grimco is really aggressive with pricing and pretty on point with thier sales I have purchase a lot of equipment with advantage in the past and thier tech support team is 2nd to none!!

So...I am actually returning the 330 for the 360. i want the speed. Also....I have to say, THE 310 AND THE 330 DO NOT COME WITH A CUTTING TOOL IN THE HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU NEED TO CUT MANUALLY.....which is a complete joke. A small part but HUGE PIA!!

Oh yeah, no knife. Forgot the mention that. 8 dollar tool they decided not to add.

HulkSmash

Also, wait until you see the blacks off this machine.. oh my.

also a few other things. The onboard spectrometer is halfway decent in this machine. It takes about 20-35 minutes to create a profile. Well worth the time. We've only really made profiles for IJ180. The HP cans are great for banners and other stuff. Do you have caldera as a rip? If so i can send you hella profiles....but i suggest you make your own for your current environment is prob. much different than mine.

Grimcos tech walked us through how to do it.. pretty simple.

Brands Imaging

Also, wait until you see the blacks off this machine.. oh my.

also a few other things. The onboard spectrometer is halfway decent in this machine. It takes about 20-35 minutes to create a profile. Well worth the time. We've only really made profiles for IJ180. The HP cans are great for banners and other stuff. Do you have caldera as a rip? If so i can send you hella profiles....but i suggest you make your own for your current environment is prob. much different than mine.

Grimcos tech walked us through how to do it.. pretty simple.

sweet - waiting for my sales rep to get back to me. They are trying to stick me with a restocking fee. Should get it done right after the holiday.

johndstevens

360 vs. 310/330

The print quality in all HP Latex 300 Series is the same. There are differences in features on the 360, many of which have been mentioned here such as having an onboard spectro (vs. a densitometer), 8" LCD screen, X cutter, changeable ink collector platen, but the 360 is also mechanically faster than the 310/330. The 360 carriage speed is 60 ips vs. 40 ips. on the 310/330 - except in print modes greater than 16 pass - where the 360 is equal to the 310/330. Otherwise - would express the 360 as being approx. 2X as fast as the L2 series and approx. 30% faster than the 330. Most shops would print vinyl in 8 pass mode and banner in 6 pass mode. Hope this helps.