• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

35 Years later.............

GWSigns

When I graduated high school I had the opportunity to be apprenticed to a silversmith - I wanted to do that very badly.

My parents said, "Go to college first and then you can always do your apprenticeship."

Well being the rebellious child that I was, I did everything BUT go to college, and I do mean EVERYTHING.

Yesterday, 35 years and a lifetime of experience later, I completed my bachelors degree!

I am now the very proud bearer of a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with a minor in child development.

Next spring I go back for my masters in Mediation and Conflict Resolution.

What does this have to do with signs?

Not much, but I must say ya'll are more than likely going to be some subject studies as I pursue my masters :Big Laugh

and I just have to brag that I finally accomplished my parents goal for me, set 39 years ago.

Tony Teveris

Congrats - I hope mom and dad are still around to see it.

I told my 3 children the same thing, get the education and then I do not care what you do as long as your happy because you will be doing it the rest of your life. Currently 30, 28 and 24 yrs old, educated and working and at the moment pretty happy.

GWSigns

Thanks Tony,

Mom is, dad passed in 2005 from cancer.

I am going to be doing the graduation walk May 4 in Clinton, IA.

I found out they broadcast live on the internet so mom in AZ can see me get my diploma.

My daughter is coming from Oregon for the ceremony.

Now, to get her a degree........or at least a job or financing in her career of choice - writing, directing, & producing documentaries - she IS good!

laserman70

I am sure weather they are here or not.
They are proud. You should be as well.

Congrats to you!!!!
Takes alot to go back and do it..
Stand tall be proud.... you deserve it..
:U Rock::U Rock::U Rock::U Rock::U Rock:

Gene@mpls

Psychology with a minor in child development... Mediation and Conflict Resolution.
Good things to have on this board some days?

GWSigns

"...i guess there's still hope for me yet!"

Always Mike - Online school is THE way to go - the new class every 5 weeks can be a bit tough - I am not sure if I am going to know how to act without a deadline every Thursday and Monday, but I am sure I will learn to adjust!

"Psychology with a minor in child development... Mediation and Conflict Resolution.
Good things to have on this board some days?"

Oh how right you are, I sit back and smile as I whirr through my head the "how to's" when I recognize an exchange I studied about

"(and I thought I was the only old phart that went back to school after 30 years)"

Keeping the old grey matter moving! The joints may be stiffening, but the brain cells interact just fine,

Marlene

Psychology with a minor in child development... Mediation and Conflict Resolution.
Good things to have on this board some days?

true! congrats to you for getting it done even if it was 35 years later, you did it

GWSigns

Day winding down here and I just wanted to make sure I said thank you to everyone for the kind words.

I do appreciate them!

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
That's really cool. It's something I have wanted to do. Something my dad has always told me to go back and do. Congratulations!