• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

36" coroplast sign

firstOff

Hey guys i have to do 3 coroplast signs 36" x 24" i was wondering what the best way to put these on are. I have had nothing but trouble. Should i cut the graphic? should i lam then cut? everything is printed on roland sp-300 any help would be great.

Here is the customer supplied graphic. Basic sale sun burst.

Thanks

-Shawn

Attachments

• sale.png
    sale.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 86

OldPaint

CORO SIGNS ARE TEMPORARY SIGNAGE.....so what with the lam???? it aint like its gona be around more then 6-10 months.....vinyl would be fine, printing is fine....

S

Sign-Man Signs

Have you ever done any work with vinyl before?

To funny Pat. I think we should play "I can do that sign in" ....30 minutes.

Really,
1) Cut your coroplast to size. Make sure the flutes go up and down not sidways.
2) Cut your shadow first, put transfer tape on it and set it aside
3) Cut your top graphic, put transfer tape on it
4) Take your coroplast( flutes running up and down) and line up your shadow, apply and peel transfer tape
5) Peel your top design and apply it so the the shadow so that looks like your design. Peel transfer tape
6) Make invoice and charge your customer a crap load.
7) Go have a beer. It's been a hard day.

If you have Roland, print, cut, slap. No laminate needed.

Learning curves are a hard thing.....
Good Luck!

jscarl

Hey thanks Sign Man. Knew there was more to it. Now maby, just maby I can sell one for lots of money.

Mikeifg

Print it on 8x11 on your lexmark. Then tape it to the coro. I've seen tons done around here like that. you know these people 100 signs 99.00 I can't believe I'm not doing that.

firstOff

user_online.gif
user_online.gif
. Slap it, Trim It, Bill IT !! .
user_online.gif
user_online.gif

best answer haha.

thanks guys. couple of tough answers. but then again maybe a bit of a dumb question from me. and yea i am pretty much new to the business. ive been doing smaller stuff for a few years and just recently jumped into larger stuff and its sometimes easier to ask some questions first.

thanks again!

Typestries

I could play print em direct in about 2.5 minutes? Seriously, if you are unsure of your application abilities, put it on wet and squeegee it out with a window squeegee. Set it aside to dry and you're done. Before the flatbeds we made a ton of coros this way, and my "new guys" liked doing them wet at first.