• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

360 and Onyx

richsweeney

We bought a 365, to go along with our 360, and upgrade the rip onyx postershop 18, a fresh install on a gigabyte brix, I7,32G RAM, on windows 10
The problem is that the rip does not get the update from the printers when we change the material. Sometimes it does, most of the time not. I had the onyx tech remote in twice to try to figure it out. They suggested we plug both printers and the rip into one switch. The result is the same as before.
My only solution is to force quit the rip and restart every time I change the substrate. We did not have this issue with the older onyx version and the 360 running with the 26500 on W7.

The tech thought it was a HP issue talk back issue, I think it is a windows 10 issue and onyx.

thomlov

Same here, but for us it is enough to open the latex info screen/popup from onyx, and close it again, and the media updates after a few seconds.

if that doesnt work, there should be a button to retriwvw media from printer on the popup/info screen, maybe try that

burgmurk

Configure printer
Features
Auto sync needs to be turned on

That's on by default. it still only works some of the time.
I'm actually a little angry at onyx for and the way the big paid upgrades bring very little to the table, but we buy them hoping for bugfixes. i've left mine at v12 and just learned to work around it all

C

ColoPrinthead

I have the same issue with the same setup. I am annoyed that it won't work when I manually changes the RIP to reflect what is loaded.

ikarasu

I find mine stops working after my printer goes to sleep. If it sleeps and then wakes up while onyx is still open, it wont automatically poll anymore...and if you manually poll it'll say there is no media loaded.

We've used onyx 10, 12, Latex 110, 310, 360, and 560 and all of them have this issue.

Usually closing and opening onyx fixes the issue, so I'm inclined to believe it's an onyx issue, not an HP issue - That and Flexi never has an issue... Albeit they may be getting their information a different way. It's a pain in the ass to close and re-open too.... I'd say 50% of the time an onyx module stays open and I have to end task on it to re-open, otherwise onyx is in use.