• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

360 x 540 high speed 3 pass!!!!

gabagoo

I never run my machine at this resolution and decided to do some in house decals using it to see the difference. First off I am amazed at how fast it prints. Hard to tell at this point how different it looks from 720 x 720 8 pass with this size but I was curious how you run your machines and what is the criteria for running different resolutions. I generally run everything 720 x 720 8 pass uni and have high speed turned off. I will also use 4 pass and thats about it, but I feel this may be why things take so long lol

iSign

I have a JV3, using Flexi 8... I ALWAYS have "high speed" checked, but I alos print most vinyl jobs at 720x720... however, I print almost all banners at 360x540

GB2

Old Member
I use the RasterLink that came with the Mimaki and their standard profiles and let me tell you, I don't understand everyones comments about color and profiles because I get excellent results all the time. I use 360 x 540 HQ at uni-3 pass for all banners and 75% of all my other printing and have no problems. For the rest, it really depends on what the media is that I'm printing on, what the image quality needs to be and what the final application will be, then I might use a higher resolution with more passes. I never really liked the result with 720 x 720 and will usually go for the highest resolution at uni-16 passes. I never use bi-directional.

scotto

I have a used jv3 on the way and have a few questions which are in-line with this thread. 1) At 360 x 540, what is actual sq. ft. per hour in bi-directional using 60" vinyl? 2) Why do I see posts where people are running uni-directional, is it a banding issue and/or a quality issue? 3) Can a jv3 run 40 hrs. a week with good maintenace?

Thanks

gabagoo

I have a jv3 130 spII... oem ink carts.... I am definately going to print a lot more 360 x 540. The print speed is very quick and the quality difference was not to much on 4 colour (a little lighter actually). I think if I were to printa lot of spotcolours there could be some issues. As to the maintenance question, I have always been very pro active with our printer and followed with daily cleanings and a once a week nozzle wash. So far I have had no issues with print quality that I could not fix myself. Take care of themachine and it will take care of you. When I read posts from so many members about changing heads and capping stations I cringe. They are very expensive to replace.

ChicagoGraphics

I have seen JV3's run 24/7 and there still printing to this day, they may not look like the original printer but there spitting out great work. As long as you do the daily cleanings it will keep on running.

ColesCreations

Uni-directional is better quality, and almost as fast as bi-directional, since the head stops to wait for the media to advance, instead of returning while media advances.
I don't have exact times, but way bigger difference to go from 16 pass to 8 pass.

digitalpixel

printing 98" wide /vaughan

Hi
am also in vaughan if you have requirments larger then 36" i can print for you as trade , we just purhased 98inch machine last week. we also offer rollup banners stands for $20.00cad or $90 with print

my office number is 905 850-9800

I have a jv3 130 spII... oem ink carts.... I am definately going to print a lot more 360 x 540. The print speed is very quick and the quality difference was not to much on 4 colour (a little lighter actually). I think if I were to printa lot of spotcolours there could be some issues. As to the maintenance question, I have always been very pro active with our printer and followed with daily cleanings and a once a week nozzle wash. So far I have had no issues with print quality that I could not fix myself. Take care of themachine and it will take care of you. When I read posts from so many members about changing heads and capping stations I cringe. They are very expensive to replace.

gabagoo

Great!!! lets post an incredibly low balling trade price for everyone to see. Please tell me your not working out of your parents basement?