• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3651 Profile giving Pink instead of Red

splizaat

Hey guys!
Roland VS540i w/ Seven Color+White Config, Versaworks Rip, Orafol 3165G Profile, EPS files. Color: 5-100-100-0 & 0-100-100-0 (RED)

This is the color values we have ALWAYS run with our old setup and gotten decent reds. For some reason, we're sending the same exact files to our new printer using the same 3165G profile (well not the SAME profile but 3165 for our new printer) and getting pinkish red instead of red. Printing the same file only switching to GCVP profile, and it comes out red...

Anyone here skilled enough to suggest minor tweaks to the 3165G profile that might be able to get our files closer to red? The profile itself prints fantastically smooth and beautifully, but we just can't get red instead of pink....? And we're not considering custom profiling.

Take a look at the rendering intents on both your profiles and make sure they are the same. When you loaded the new profile it may have had a different setting in this regard. We us 0 100 100 0 and get good results.

splizaat

haha yes we're coming from 4 color to 7 color. We figured there'd be a bit of shift, but it seems like RED isn't even in the color gamut of this profile lol. We'll run the VW Spot Colors off and see if it'll hit red at PR43k. The only way we can hit it right now is to run GCVP which hits red, but is far more textured and speckle-y than the 3165 profile we're used to running,

splizaat

Good suggestion I'll give that a shot. 3651 profile DOES produce a more reddish red, but nothing compared to GCVP