• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3d foam letter - Delaminating - how to fix?

spanky22

I have a 3d foam letter on a wall with the laminated face peeling off.
Is there an easy method to glue it back, without removing the letter from the wall?

(what type of glue if needed)

any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
S22

Joe Crumley

Spanky, To assist it's important to know what type of foam. EPS, HDU, etc. Second what is the surface material you are having trouble with? Gees it's hard to assist without this info. Joe Crumley

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I would use this or this.

The Gorilla epoxy is great stuff. Dispense, mix, apply, tape the laminate back in place (use Gorilla tape to hold it in place) and remove after5 minutes. I've never used the Powergrab and it takes longer to cure, but it's an option.

Not sure how what shape the foam is in or how much adhesive is on the back of the laminate that's peeling off. If you are dealing with old foam and/or laminate with residue, you may just have to replace the letter.

spanky22

it is a edu with a polystyrene face, spray laminate glue and then your typical formica laminate.

I'll look into the options you posted. Thanks.