Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3d foam letter - Delaminating - how to fix?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by spanky22, Sep 3, 2013.

Tags:
  1. spanky22

spanky22 New Member

Feb 16, 2012
    I have a 3d foam letter on a wall with the laminated face peeling off.
    Is there an easy method to glue it back, without removing the letter from the wall?

(what type of glue if needed)

any tips would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    S22

Tags:
  2. Spanky, To assist it's important to know what type of foam. EPS, HDU, etc. Second what is the surface material you are having trouble with? Gees it's hard to assist without this info. Joe Crumley

3. Moze

Moze Precision Sign Services

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    I would use this or this.

The Gorilla epoxy is great stuff. Dispense, mix, apply, tape the laminate back in place (use Gorilla tape to hold it in place) and remove after5 minutes. I've never used the Powergrab and it takes longer to cure, but it's an option.

Not sure how what shape the foam is in or how much adhesive is on the back of the laminate that's peeling off. If you are dealing with old foam and/or laminate with residue, you may just have to replace the letter.

4. spanky22

spanky22 New Member

Feb 16, 2012
    it is a edu with a polystyrene face, spray laminate glue and then your typical formica laminate.

I'll look into the options you posted. Thanks.