Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3D Fonts

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by tgm, Jun 3, 2007.

1. tgm

tgm New Member

May 15, 2007
    Is there a way to create 3D fonts in Flexi?
    Similar to extruding the face to create the shape.

Thanks,

Tom

Tags:
  2. imaSIGNr

imaSIGNr Very Active Member

Jan 15, 2006
    I think that would depend on what level of Flexi you have and how much work you want to put into it.

3. tgm

tgm New Member

May 15, 2007
    I am running Flexi 7.6 at the moment and just thought I would ask the question as I have a job coming up with 3D text. Obviously not a question you care to help with so I just jumped to Corel DrawX3 and had it done in a flash.
    Sorry for even asking the question.

Thanks again,
    Tom

4. Ron Helliar

Ron Helliar Member

Nov 21, 2003
    use one of the popular photoshop plug-ins (alienskin for example) loaded in Photoshop plugin folder. Point flexi plugin prefs to the right folder. Then
    type out your text and use the filter available under the bitmap menu. A little more complex than that but with a try or two you'll get the hang of it.

5. tgm

tgm New Member

May 15, 2007
    Thanks for the tip Ron, I'll check it out.
    I was able to use Corel DrawX3 with little effort and I am just now going to import into Flexi to see if it works.

Thanks again,

Tom in PA