• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Opinion 3D Graffiti Design

JoeDG

Wide format trainer and creative enthusiast
Hey hey!

So, I do a bit of digital design work part as a hobby/for my own use and sometimes for sale or prints etc.
I also do large murals etc. freehand with sprays...but let's start with the digital side!

'Urban' or 'Street' Art is becoming more and more popular, yet most artists work in only one medium. I am trying to bridge the gap between the 'streets' and digital, in part to make my designs more accessible or with more uses...especially in signage/digital print.

Here's an example of one of my designs :)

Any thoughts or feedback appreciated:

Capture.JPG

All created in Adobe Illutrator (CS6) from an original sketch.

Here it is in a backlit panel!:

IMG_2916.jpg

visual800

I could never do what you have created here and I think it is cool as hell. I have no idea what it says but nonetheless it is very cool

tbullo

Superunknown
Looks cool. Now that I know what it spells out, I can see it. Kind of hard to see without knowing, kind of like all those death metal logos.

#racewraps

@printwithspeed
Hey hey!

So, I do a bit of digital design work part as a hobby/for my own use and sometimes for sale or prints etc.
I also do large murals etc. freehand with sprays...but let's start with the digital side!

'Urban' or 'Street' Art is becoming more and more popular, yet most artists work in only one medium. I am trying to bridge the gap between the 'streets' and digital, in part to make my designs more accessible or with more uses...especially in signage/digital print.

Here's an example of one of my designs :)

Any thoughts or feedback appreciated:

View attachment 135924

All created in Adobe Illutrator (CS6) from an original sketch.

Here it is in a backlit panel!:

View attachment 135925

What you did here is very cool & unique. I could see a market for it with wall murals, large format canvas, banner or poster prints and other stuff like that. Heck even taking parts of them and putting it on shirts, house good etc. How about selling the actual digital files? I've started doing that with some of my designs and it has gone very well.

I'd look at Ebay, Etsy or something like that where other artists are selling artistic goods in various ways. Could be a nice little niche market there for you.

Nice job!

Brandon708

Very nice digital art. I stem from that background too. It's good to see how our artistic backgrounds and upbringing lead us to the sign industry.

JoeDG

Very nice digital art. I stem from that background too. It's good to see how our artistic backgrounds and upbringing lead us to the sign industry.
yeah it's funny eh. working on some 3D graff signage at the mo...will share when finished :)

JoeDG

what programs do you use and approx how many hours is in mr bigz?
Bigz :p ... Wigz
All done in Adobe illustrator from an initial sketch which was used for a template.Can't remember how many hours...done in spare time evenings and weekends etc in front of the TV most the time! I'd guess between 15-30.

JoeDG

Would have been better if it was actually legible.
I see your point, but this was a personal project...not for commercial use, and as with most graffiti using word forms the art is in the many ways and styles and shapes etc. that you can write your name/tag. Most street artists would pick it out from experience of looking at that kind of thing.
But yes, if for a more commercial use I may have designed it a bit more legible.

Brandon708

yeah it's funny eh. working on some 3D graff signage at the mo...will share when finished :)
Sounds good. I currently have a couple large canvas prints hanging up here at my shop of digital graffiti to keep my creative juices flowing. They also look nice here.