Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3D Printers for ADA Signs

Discussion in 'Dimensional Signs' started by benedictmt, Feb 11, 2013.

1. benedictmt

benedictmt New Member

Feb 11, 2013
    We're looking for a better way to create ADA signs. Kodak has bumped Photopolymer prices up by 29% in the past month.

Does anyone know of any larger scale 3d printers or other solutions to get us away from Kodak's PP??

Thanks.

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    heh i doubt a 3d printer would be any cheaper

sandcarved perhaps

3. benedictmt

benedictmt New Member

Feb 11, 2013
    The the price of Photopolymer getting up to $20 psf and the large labor costs of processing it, it's becoming an option.

Does anyone have any other input?

4. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    We use the raster method, along with a rotary engraver for the raised text.

5. CES020

CES020 Very Active Member

Oct 16, 2008
    VA
    3D printer isn't going to do it for you. There's now way a 3D printer will make 1 sign in the time you can make dozens with Photopolymer.

There was some really interesting stuff out there using vacuum forming I looked into about 6 months ago. I think it was an article in a sign magazine about it and it lead me down the path. They talked about it replacing Photopolymer. I didn't bookmark any of the sites, but I do know that's how it was being done and the stuff looked awesome.