• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3D Printers for ADA Signs

benedictmt

We're looking for a better way to create ADA signs. Kodak has bumped Photopolymer prices up by 29% in the past month.

Does anyone know of any larger scale 3d printers or other solutions to get us away from Kodak's PP??

Thanks.

benedictmt

The the price of Photopolymer getting up to $20 psf and the large labor costs of processing it, it's becoming an option.

Does anyone have any other input?

CES020

3D printer isn't going to do it for you. There's now way a 3D printer will make 1 sign in the time you can make dozens with Photopolymer.

There was some really interesting stuff out there using vacuum forming I looked into about 6 months ago. I think it was an article in a sign magazine about it and it lead me down the path. They talked about it replacing Photopolymer. I didn't bookmark any of the sites, but I do know that's how it was being done and the stuff looked awesome.