• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3D Printing

Custom_Grafx

Eventually they will be able to 3D print the whole building with all the fitout/chairs... and maybe staff? And the signs on it!?! Definitely time to learn more 3D software...

signswi

It's been posted a few times, it's a prototyper targeted at industrial design firms, who have been using 3d replication for a while as a way of fast prototyping. Firms like Ideo.

SignManiac

Still too expensive. I looked into the prices last year and it wasn't feasible for me to add to my tool collection.

bigben

Very cool machine. I've also check it out last year to buy one. It's very easy to find customer interested in the product/possibility. But when they know the prices, they turn around.

Their 3d scanners are also very cool.

funny enough, was watching a car show on speed channel yesterday and the guy was in jay lenos garage and he has one of these! he uses it, or one of his engineering guys does anyways for scanning in old motor parts that they no longer make and he then has an exact copy and has it made up from an engineering firm.

Custom_Grafx

I can't remember which typographer it was... but apparently he made the nokia phone's font... some old German/Scandinavian dude... Typo gurus here will know I'm sure...

I remember reading in an article about him, that he has either this or a laser cutting machine, for the sole purpose of cutting out letters he designs.

He was saying how it really helped him design the letters/fonts, as he could look at things from different angles and actually touch and feel them.

Things like this machine are great and will help with a lot of design related fields eh?

When you guys say expensive, how much are we talking? half a mil? a full mil?