Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3D Sign Design Software?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by gwarren, Oct 23, 2013.

1. gwarren

gwarren New Member

Jul 24, 2007
    Ive been searching the forums & Google but just cant seem to find a solid answer. Is there a standard or Any 3D sign design software? Im sure I could use some other type of cad or 3d animation software but im looking for something specific to the sign industry.
    For instance if I was going to print vinyl for a round object or something else with more than 2 dimensions it would be nice to have the whole thing to design on so you could rotate it, etc.,...

Anyone know if we have this sign industry specific 3D software yet?

Tags:
  2. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    We utilize Trimble Sketchup for presentations and 3D renderings. There are free and non-free versions, depending on what you are looking to produce.
    http://www.sketchup.com/

3. artbot

artbot Very Active Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Houston TX
    i like to take a photo of the space but then also build the space in rhino and blend the two. it can be done very quickly. ...

1 draw the blueprint in corel (basic lines representing the walls)

2 then simply extrude those lines upwards into the space (exterior or interior) to the correct height.

example of the finished product
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/alldredge/sets/72157636675333045/

4. Gene@mpls

Gene@mpls Very Active Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Blaine, Mn
    Holy fantastic proof Artbot!