• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3D Software

ALgal

Is anyone using a 3D software for sign designs? A software that integrates with Illustrator?

Thanks

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
2D software is simpler that 3D, for 'designs' - not everything needs to be 3D...
It's easier to start the design in Illy or Corel or other signage programs, and then save as Ai/DXF, and then open in a 3D program.

Use Google to search the subject...

WildWestDesigns

2D software is simpler that 3D, for 'designs' - not everything needs to be 3D...
Why I like Blender as well. A lot easier to start with grease pencil first (can export as vector if need the 2D vector, although it still isn't quite feature parity with dedicated vector software, but quite robust still) and then go on from there. Now granted, I only do that work flow when I know 3D is going to be in the mix, otherwise I'm using dedicated 2D software.