• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3D Themed Barber Sign

RogueRoller

OK I have had a few people ask me what my designs look like that I give the clients.

I Have found that my designs sell themselves. Most people that come to my shop know I don't do sticker signs or Flat signs.

(My Signs are Hand Crafted and painted)

This is a design I did up today for a Barber Shop.

A lot of times I try to get the client to just put there service on there sign instead of there Business Name.

(Business names tend to get in the way of bringing in clients, names are to big, they don't describe what they really do and so on.)

My job as a sign crafter is to help them make money with there sign not just to give them what they want.

the company name in this case is

---Dan's River View Shop---

Made the design today and made the sale Cost total for design and Sign
$2264.86
Plus he has to have it installed (I don't dig holes)

Attachments

• Barbor.jpg
    Barbor.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 136

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Good for you.

What's that tan thing in back of the post... in front of the sign about 6.5" wide ??

RogueRoller

Good for you.

What's that tan thing in back of the post... in front of the sign about 6.5" wide ??

It will be a classic barber's blade for Shaving your neck and sideburns.
(classic Barber tool)

If you look at the drawing the Knife is half open and the part you are referring to is the handle and the sign is hanging from the Blade.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yep, I just saw it. I looked and looked and couldn't see the cleverness of the whole overall picture. :Oops:

Probably once it's carved it will be far more evident for blind people like me. :covereyes:

RogueRoller

Yep, I just saw it. I looked and looked and couldn't see the cleverness of the whole overall picture. :Oops:

Probably once it's carved it will be far more evident for blind people like me. :covereyes:

LOL, Yea the things you don't see is like the recess where the blade would set if the unit is closed. The shiny Steel Blade that will be blinding you from sun reflection. and the Pearl Paint that makes up the color handle inlay.

Really hard to show that in a drawing but it is always a big surprise to the client when they open up the crate and see the sign for the first time. :omg:

SignManiac

I have to agree with you on the renderings. They can make or break a sale. I always go the distance and it really makes a difference in closing sales! "Got to show em, if you want to sell em"

Another important thing that helps is before and afters! A lot of times the client aint got no sense what ugly is until you show them purdy!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
For what it's worth, I used to have a few of those straight razors. I shaved with them. Also, lots of us back in the day, carried them around with us.

Anyway, all of them that I ever saw usually had fancy script lettering and/or fancy scroll work on the blade. I'm not sure, but that was the mark of them years ago. So, it you want to stay in tradition, you might want to explore that possibility.

RogueRoller

For what it's worth, I used to have a few of those straight razors. I shaved with them. Also, lots of us back in the day, carried them around with us.

Anyway, all of them that I ever saw usually had fancy script lettering and/or fancy scroll work on the blade. I'm not sure, but that was the mark of them years ago. So, it you want to stay in tradition, you might want to explore that possibility.

This design came from one that he had on the shelf in his Shop.
Think it was a family thing passed down to him.

RogueRoller

Another important thing that helps is before and afters! A lot of times the client aint got no sense what ugly is until you show them purdy!

A-men on that one brother,

I love it when they start off with here is our logo and they show me some clipart from Microsoft Word that they put some words around. :banghead:

I don't see to many of them anymore. I have a reputation that if you want me to help then most likely will have to throw away the old and start over. Plus they all know that I'm not cheep in any shape or form.
I stay booked out for over 1.5 years. So to get on my calendar is a privilege.

Last edited:

Got an old one lying around still? i have my gooons carry around garden shears in case clients dont feel like paying their invoices and would rather exchange the monies owed for a finger but i think a good old fashioned straight razor would be much cooler than rusty garden shears.