• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3ft Gemini Letters on cedar shake

tattoo.dan

How would you install?

I have 3 ft formed plastic letters to install on thick cedar shake at an angle. The angle and the fact that it is so uneven and so much wind could get behind the letters(snow could settle on and behind) has me overthinking this job I hope. My initial thought was to install on clear acrylic strips, but customer is now wanting letters spaced about 2 feet apart to take up whole side.

Normally I install with pad/stud combo and the silicone. I am not thinking that is enough for this install.

Any and all opinions and suggestions appreciated.

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_3600.jpg
    IMG_3600.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 110

Desert_Signs

Can you get to the back of it? You could use long studs and nuts, that would tie them in nice.

Whatever you do, I would make sure the bond is to the structure and not to the shingles themselves. Maybe a structural epoxy with studs that go through the roof itself?

No matter what you do, you're going to have to worry about water penetration if you're drilling through.

kgirl

We can.....it can be a little costly....if you want, PM me your shipping info I'll look into what that might be if you'd like...

tattoo.dan

superlong all thread with pads and better silicone. sounds like the best idea so far, but I am still nervous about this! lol

player

If I was doing this, I would go to the site and determine the roof angle with a large homemade compass. Then I would weld a stand out of steel flat bar, maybe 1/8" x 1"- 2". This flat bar rack would then get bolted to the roof, and the letters attached to it. The lags going into the roof would get a super healthy dose of silicone.