• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3m 1080

megacab

anyone do a job with it yet? just got my sample pack in the mail today. looks to be really nice stuff and some really cool colors. any opinions out there yet from the people who may have done a job with it yet?

MikePro

my samples should be here shortly... do you think solvent printing and laminating would work? granted, this material is pretty sweet in stock colors but its always nice to have the option to use that brushed aluminum color as a base for metallic wrap printz.

megacab

i don't think it's printable. but if it was, you could do some really cool stuff with the stock colors as your base. the brushed blue steel is my favorite as of right now.

trimguy

We got our 60" roll of matte black in and we will do an XB with it. Will post pics. Material feels and looks nice and easy to work with.

MikePro

most things aren't listed as solvent printable but you can still make it work... i print on stock 3M vinyl all the time for quickie projects.

MikePro

ooooor whatsay you use stock 1080 colors and laminate that with a print on cast clear and laminate with cast wrap overlam? granted, an expensive process with the amount of materials used, but could be a nice option to have in the arsenal.

kstompaint

We just unpacked a roll of 1080 carbon fiber. We have to wrap some parts for a 2011 Porsche today. I'll post pics and opinions in a day or so.

restyleit

are you sure it's 3m's carbon fiber?
di-noc's weave is usually perfect...this seems to be more like oracal or hexis

Last edited by a moderator:

VinylLabs.com

are you sure it's 3m's carbon fiber?
di-noc's weave is usually perfect...this seems to be more like oracal or hexis

isn't 1080 a cheaper di-noc? I thought they looked different. I've signed up for a sample pack a couple of weeks ago, have yet to get it.

ForgeInc

I recently used matte black 1080 for two wraps. If you have lots of curves in the vehicle you are wrapping, I guess it isn't ideal as it doesn't stretch particularly well. We did one wrap that was only the rear of the box truck and fairly flat, it was fine...but on the second vehicle wrap where we wrapped the entire front cab of the truck we ended up matte laminating printed black because of all the curves.

signage

wu99wu welcome to the forums! But you should follow the rules off site photo's are not permitted on this site! You should load them correctly so as to not overload our administrator's with doing what you should have did yourself. also you should read the rules before posting. nice work!

MarioDesign

We just got our roll of 1080 Carbon Fibre. Looks really nice but I did notice that the weave pattern isnt as straight as the DiNoc. It is thinner, glossier and not as aggressive as the DiNoc. We are doing the roof and hood of a new Honda CRZ. It looks great so far!

VinylLabs.com

I thought 1080 was cheaper then di-noc (pricewise) I was pleasently suprised to find out it's slightly more expensive (3.1$ sqr foot vs 3$sqr foot)

wu99wu

VinylLabs.com where are you buying it from? i'm using IDS right now. Just wonderin if that's the best price for the stuff.