• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M 680 bubbling

abrogley

I have a customer who has been having problems (for a long time) applying 3M 680 reflective. He says that it goes down fine but by the time he does the 2nd side and comes back to look at the first side there are bubbles in it. He does a lot of work on new vehicles. However, he doesn't believe it is a paint outgassing problem because the vehicles have been sitting on the lot for a few months. Although wet applying reflective is a no-no he is now trying that to see how it holds up. Initially it has taken care of the bubbling problems.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to avoid the bubbles in the first place? This is a problem I've not heard about from other customers using this terrific product.

Thank you!

Browner

Is he re-squeegeeing after he removes the application tape?

Try using 3M 680CR.

A little more money, but it's a dream to cut, weed, and apply. Has comply adhesive, so it's pretty much impossible to trap air underneath.

abrogley

Thanks, Chris. I'll be seeing that show tomorrow and will make the recommendation! For the time he'll save it should be worth the extra!!!

Thank you!
Ann