• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M 823i retroreflective wrapping

PhilipPrinting

Hi, I need to wrap the backside of a van in Retroreflective foil.
It's very difficult to apply. Are there other foils then 823i. Or any tips/manuals.

Need help.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Reflexite comes in larger sizes and is a great bit easier to work with than the 3M Diamond Grade material.
Does it "HAVE" to be that level of reflectivity? If not, 3M IJ680CR-10 works a lot easier over surfaces like this.

signheremd

Missing a bit of information on what you are doing, but quick tip is you can apply reflective vinyl onto a wrap vinyl (like Arlon Cast Wrap SLX) to make it easier to apply onto the contours of a vehicle.

PhilipPrinting

Reflexite? Is this from oracle?
Now it doesn't have to be 3M diamond grade but it must be reflective. Red/White striping in front and back. At the sides Red/Yellow.
It's for a vehicle that drives in front of an exceptoinnel transport.

PhilipPrinting

Something like this

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2021-11-29 om 15.02.28.png
    Schermafbeelding 2021-11-29 om 15.02.28.png
    828.8 KB · Views: 82

PhilipPrinting

Missing a bit of information on what you are doing, but quick tip is you can apply reflective vinyl onto a wrap vinyl (like Arlon Cast Wrap SLX) to make it easier to apply onto the contours of a vehicle.
Great idea... Don't know if this keeps the foil in good shape?

signheremd

Great idea... Don't know if this keeps the foil in good shape?
We have done used this on Fire Trucks to take around front curves and on the back of other vehicles, like Fire Police and other government vehicles, to conform to convex curves. It does help with preventing crease marks in the reflective. Now to do something like that frontend of the van, I would use Arlon IllumiNITE Wrap + Flite Technology (a printable reflective wrap vinyl). As always with reflective, watch bending it back when removing the wax paper as sharply bending can leave an indelible mark in the reflective.

tudouqiezi

I have used 3M's 680 and 780

680 I think not suitable for 3D surface 780 much better

I am using it with 8518 overlaminate

By the way, Arlon's IllumiNITE Wrap is also very good
But I think it is darker than 3M 780

jfiscus

Rap Master
I have used 3M's 680 and 780

680 I think not suitable for 3D surface 780 much better

I am using it with 8518 overlaminate

By the way, Arlon's IllumiNITE Wrap is also very good
But I think it is darker than 3M 780
We have used 3M IJ680CR-10 for many many years and if you are careful you can apply it like a wrap in most cases. We purchased a roll of 3M IJ 780 and had a LOT of issues with edges lifting and peeling. 3M ended up giving us a refund for the roll and we have stuck with the 680 ever since.