• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M and Avery swatch for illustrator

bigben

I have a swatch that I use in illustrator for oracal vinyl. I've tried to find something similar for 3M and Avery without success. Does anyone have one?

Thanks.

shoresigns

The 3rd party Avery one on Creative Market doesn't seem to match up with my Avery book. Some of the names are the same, but the codes don't match up. The guy who made it says it's based on something Avery has published, so I'm digging around to see what I can find online.

EDIT:

It looks like the guy got the swatch codes from an old Android app that Avery used to publish. Unfortunately, it appears the swatches are based on vinyls that Avery sells in Europe, which are a different from what we use here in North America. I'm not sure whether it's just the names that are different, or the colours as well.

If I put a bit of time into it, I might be able to translate them all to the North American colours. Might be worthwhile since it would save me a bunch of time whenever I'm sending design proofs that include Avery vinyls.

Last edited:

Pippin Decals

Here is what i have for oracal and 3m direct from the supplier

Attachments

• Oracal 651 751 951 Color swatches for ai.zip
    18.2 KB · Views: 442
  • 3M_1080_Swatches.zip
    44.5 KB · Views: 307
  • 3M_Opaque_Graphic_Film_Swatches.zip
    44.3 KB · Views: 324
  • 3M_Translucent_Graphic_Film_Swatches.zip
    43.9 KB · Views: 252

jsalda

I just started looking myself and came across this thread. Use Oracal all the time, but there is an Avery color that I will start using for a client and really would like to have the swatch in my Illustrator file for reference in the future. Oh well, guess I'm just creating my own.