• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3m chrome wrap

PrimeGraphix

Have anyone use this before and is there any problem with it? I know the material is a little thicker them normal 3m wrap. Any suggestion will help thanks.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I hear the only problem was with it turning white when stretched and 3M has temporarily pulled production of it until they can work out the problem..... Never actually tried any of the chrome materials yet though myself.

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
just left this comment in another topic:

A tried 3M chrome which was just a test piece before they even came out with it. It was ok. Not much stretch at all and it did pull back on a concave part because I used no primer.
Then I went with HEXIS which was horrible. Super sticky no repositioning and if you pull it back it will leave a line that wont disappear even if you heat it up. Pulled back everywhere even with primer. ( hexis is not compatible with 3m primer). And hours later of installation wrinkles appeared here and there. I have never seen this before with any vinyl. Waste of money.
Then I ordered Avery and it was a huge relieve. No pull up. No mystery wrinkles . no BS. Installed nice and it has a much better/darker chrome color than the hexis.

All chrome vinyl "burns" super easily. Even if you use only a heatgun on medium heat.

By the way if you do some search there is another chrome wrap topic already.