• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M clearview 8150

visual800

Is anyone out there printing on this stuff yet? We need a quote for a ton of printing for the exterior of some windows (something I told the architect NOT to do, but I do not know anything so they will do as they wish)

I bet this stuff is high as hell but thats what they want. 3M rep told them it has a 7 year warranty. I read where that warranty was 7 INSIDE!

the quote is for a window wall that is 18' tall and 63' lonmg all broken into different window panes approx 4x6 panes. let me know if your interested and i will shoot you art

Last edited:

miker

Trying to get it running on our latex right now. Got profiles dialed in and am color testing but ran into a weird issue. I'm hoping it is just the roll I have because there is so little of this material available right now.

BLC411

I've been running some 8150 for a few projects. I haven't run a ton of square footage, but I haven't run into any issues. What concerns do you have? I can help answer any questions if possible.

visual800

the "architects" are demanding this product be used on the exterior of a glass wall with a digital print on it. The print will be facing south and have sun all day. The architects made a statement their 3M rep told them it had a life expectancy of 7 years. I read 7 inside 2 outside

I advised the architects to NOT do this on the outside but they said the building will have a overhang that will help shade it. (this overhang will not cover the whole thing I have seen it, architects are smart but they are arrogant asses and will not listen to reason)

Im thinking in 2 years time this print will be faded out

visual800

I need a quote on printing and possible lamination for a window that is 18' x 63' its broken up into 4x6, 5x6, and 2x6 panels. I will break all art up of course

artbot

i was thinking about using some of this stuff in some fine art applications. (not printing solvent ink to it, but using it as a carrier). what constitutes the 7 year warranty? against fading? or the adhesive will begin to fail over time?

(sorry if this is a bit of a thread hijacking)

visual800

to ME warranties these days mean nothing. It doesnt matter if you have problems with something out of the box it YOUR fault, thats how these compan
ies screw you over.

signage

to ME warranties these days mean nothing. It doesnt matter if you have problems with something out of the box it YOUR fault, thats how these compan
ies screw you over.

Like I said in the wrap warranties thread I give a lifetime warranty! The life of the wrap!:tongue: