• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M Color Swatches

2B

We mainly use Oracal and have their booklet with all of the colors for the different grades of materials in a single handy booklet.

does 3M have a similar booklet?
more to the point do they have one that is free?
Fellers has a different color chart for each grade and this is going to get expensive to get all of the colors

We mainly use Oracal and have their booklet with all of the colors for the different grades of materials in a single handy booklet.

does 3M have a similar booklet?
more to the point do they have one that is free?
Fellers has a different color chart for each grade and this is going to get expensive to get all of the colors

Find out who the 3M sales rep is in your area. Call them and ask for the color guides. That typically has always worked for us. Aside from that, if you go to industry trade shows, be sure to pick up as many color guides as you can. You never know when you might need a certain color from a different manufacturer. These guides come in handy, as we occasionally have to match stock graphics on motor homes and the like. Usually ends up being an Avery Dennison color.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
3M should have all new swatch books. The range was revamped late last year so the older catalogs are now outdated (ie. colors that don't exist any more + missing all the new colors).
Talk to your rep. There is usually one book per range (ie. Relfective, Electrocut, Frosted etc.)

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Places pay for swatch books??? You need a different sales rep if that is the case.

Melks

I've always managed to get my hands on swatch books from my suppliers and various trade shows - never paid for a swatch book. From my experiences 3M always seems to have several different booklets for their various vinyl categories (reflective, specialty, intermediate, cast, translucent etc...) I've always preferred how Avery and Oracal on the other hand seem to have larger booklets that showcase a wider variety of categories within a swatch book. These swatch booklets are often updated so perhaps smaller booklets is the way to go.