Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3M Controltac V2 does not like the cold!

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by WB, Dec 10, 2009.

1. WB

WB Active Member

Feb 9, 2006
    Canada
    I had a busy few days. Wrapped a 50' Charter bus on Sat-Sun using Arlon Cast vehicle vinyl. Installed in a large shop and the temp was no ideal but the vinyl worked great stuck to everything it was supposed to. Monday comes and I'm wrapping a 26' delivery truck using Controltac V2 in the exact same building. What a PITA.. the vinyl didn't want to stick at all I had to pretty much heat and re heat every pass I'd take with the squiggee.. I was really surprised how poorly the vinyl reacted to the cold. I've used it lots in the past and I know it's pretty obvious that vinyl does not like the cold but I was really suprised between the differences between the 2 vinyls..

Anyway . Just throwing that out there..:rock-n-roll:

Tags:
  2. johnnysigns

johnnysigns Very Active Member

Nov 3, 2004
    East Coast
    not a fan of V2

3. WB

WB Active Member

Feb 9, 2006
    Canada

Me either,, I find if you go Perpendicular to the lines air gets trap very easily.

4. alaskaprinter

alaskaprinter New Member

Apr 23, 2009
    here in alaska we use avery and no problems yet...