• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M Envision Print Wrap Film 480Cv3 is it really Controltac?

heyskull

We have recently tried the new 3M Envision Print Wrap Film 480Cv3 to replace IJ180Cv3. It prints brilliantly and the laminate is super glossy and almost crystal clear. The only issue is that compared to IJ180Cv3 and even stating that 480Cv3 has controltac re-positionable it most certainly does not. Has anyone tried this material and has had similar issues? We used to be able place IJ180Cv3 onto a panel and it would almost float on top as if their was no adhesive until pressure was applied. This seems no longer the case with the 480Cv3 material even though it states it has the same properties. SC

AaronSSsignsKC

It has the same properties but has a lot more initial tack than 180. 480 is meant to be a more versatile film spanning a wider range of applications so its not as tailored to vehicle wrapping as 180. The higher initial tack makes the film a lot harder to work with in vehicle wrap applications. We have used it primarily for more complicated wall murals and wraps etc and stick with 180 on all vehicle wraps. It is a great film with great print quality but it is a niche film as well and I would stick to what ya know works. Good luck!!

jfiscus

Rap Master
It is probably the new formulation, which is really "micro-encapsulated" bubbles of adhesive which are burst after pressure is applied. Not the adhesive you're probably used to...

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
I've never been able to slide printed 180 on anything. 1080 yes, but not printed 180. Only printed vinyl I've seen that is truly slideable is Avery.

BSGX

We are running a Roland VS540i and recently bought some 480 to try. However the colors aren't coming out nearly as bright and solid (actually muted and seem as if they are 30% light than what they should be) as on the 180cv3. I'm interested in what color profile everyone is using to print the 480 with on Rolands.

Bly

We used it for a while.
Initial tack is a bit stronger than other vinyls but once you get used to it goes down fine.
It's a more robust film than anything else we've used and when stretched will stay down.
Removals can leave a huge amount of adhesive though.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
We are running a Roland VS540i and recently bought some 480 to try. However the colors aren't coming out nearly as bright and solid (actually muted and seem as if they are 30% light than what they should be) as on the 180cv3. I'm interested in what color profile everyone is using to print the 480 with on Rolands.

We've been using the PWV (Premium Wrap Vinyl) profile for the Envision.

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Prefer it over 180 outside of the price difference, it sets much better into deep channels than 180 IMO and is also more forgiving to the instal temp as they claim.