• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question 3M Envision SV480Cv3 Problems

DunbarPG

3M Envision SV480Cv3 vinyl with matching laminate. Printed on a Roland TruVis VG-540. The vinyl was printed and left to degas overnight. Laminated the next morning, then cut. I used clear R-Tape application tape on the graphic due to some floating elements. When I tried to apply this graphic, and started to peel it away from the liner...the laminate completely separated from the vinyl, and all of the ink came with it. I have never seen anything like this. The other two large logos from the same roll installed just fine. Has anyone else ever had this problem? Could it be just a bad section in the roll? I also noticed when weeding, after cutting, in the adhesive of the peeled away excess, had some darker stripes about 3 inches wide, running the entire length of the roll.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 347
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 301
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 295

printhog

Contact your 3M representative.. they'll need the lot number of the rolls.. that's certainly a surface coating failure.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk