Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3M has a new non-PVC vinyl

Discussion in 'Think Green!' started by signswi, Oct 17, 2012.

1. JoshLoring

JoshLoring Very Active Member

We do it all the time! That's how you bang out RV's and trailers at 4 min a panel! Lol

2. mudmedia

mudmedia Active Member

Aug 15, 2008
    I greatly appreciate and look up to those that can install like that and have the man power to do that (pull a 9 ft tall piece of vinyl all the way off and be able to align it and apply it correctly).

Maybe it is because I have not found the correct help where the other pair of hands understands vinyl or something I am doing wrong.

3. mudmedia

mudmedia Active Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Again it probably just is my method that is wrong. Everytime I try to do a whole sheet it sticks somewhere in the middle or where I do not want it to lol:banghead::banghead:

4. 4R Graphics

4R Graphics Active Member

Jan 28, 2008
    Not to high jack the thread but i would love to know (video would be nice) of you guys doing an install of a full panel with no backing paper that would help some of us out that have issues everytime we try it.

Please a video demo.

5. jkdbjj

jkdbjj Active Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Virginia
    I agree

6. tomence

tomence Very Active Member

Feb 10, 2009
    IL
    +1

7. Charlie J

Charlie J Very Active Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Midwest
    If your wrap is getting stuck in to the surface before you squeegee it, you need to switch to a better wrap vinyl.

Watch this video.
    http://youtu.be/TI1nszjoRkI

8. signswi

signswi Very Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Maybe which subforum I posted this in will clue you in a bit. PHTH is a pseudo-estrogen and has been traced to a number of very nasty cancers along with impact on fertility rates and a slew of other health concerns. Eliminating it from the environment is a good thing to work towards. That's why I said my part about indoor vinyl, where this is more of a concern than a vehicle wrap (where it would only be a concern to the printers/installers, exposure wise).

I know this forum, in general, is full of "me first, screw everyone else" people but this is a pretty appropriate subforum for discussion of materials and strides towards a greener industry (not just a green washed industry).

Here's a link to the Hexis materials mentioned earlier, didn't know about these as we don't use Hexis (may have to try it now): http://www.naturally-hexis.com/

9. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    God I'm so clueless on wrapping - watched that video - were they using caulk?

10. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Yeah I think so,
    but "GeekWraps Tub,Tile & Wrap Sealer" was not listed in the tool breakdown at the end.

wayne k
    guam usa