• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3m icc's for cvj30

31legen

I'm only seeing one icc for 3m vinyl for my cvj30 running ss21 inks and raster. They have lots for the jv33. Will they work for my machine?

No the media profile needs to be for your model printer, ink set, rip, etc in order to work even remotely correctly.

jrpaceys

I was told the cvj is basically a jv33 with a cutter that's why I was wondering.

Check with your supplier - 3M didn't give us any great help with ICCs - but we got hooked up with a couple of suppliers that were excellent on providing tested profiles. We found also thru much trial and error that you will have a couple of "GO TO" profiles mainly for most of your vinyls .

Laz0924

Check with your supplier - 3M didn't give us any great help with ICCs - but we got hooked up with a couple of suppliers that were excellent on providing tested profiles. We found also thru much trial and error that you will have a couple of "GO TO" profiles mainly for most of your vinyls .
Who are the suppliers?

dmfahie

The JV3 and 33 are completely different machines, from the inks to the single printhead.. You will need those profiles. We called Mimaki and found a gentleman who came in a profiled each of our vinyls to our printer vs using the "stock" ICC profiles, night and day, we hit our colors first time 95% of the time. I learned that the ICC profiles that you download is a start, from there you really need to create your own profile. Wish I had a simpler answer for you.

Snydo

Try using Oracals icc's for the equivalent media. 3M sucks at making profiles, much like they suck at making vinyl.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
The JV33 profiles should work just fine with your CJV as long as they are for the same inkset (SS21 CMYK or CMYKLcLm if you went with 6 color). Just do not use or try JV3 profiles....