• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3m ij-39

reQ

Just wondering if anyone used IJ-39 for low energy plastics? My 3m rep told me that its good material to use for sled wrap kits. How well does it work? I am also looking at Convex vinyl + lam but its 4 times more expensive. So, would 3m IJ-39 do good or should i just go straight to expensive stuff?

heyskull

I have dabbled in MX panels (which use the same low energy panels) and using other manufacturers materials, and believe me I would only advise on either Convex or a material called Substance.
Both are equally good.
But as for doing full wraps onto low energy plastics I reckon you will always have issues as the material is so thick and their is a point to were you have to cut to release tension.
I hope you are not expecting to make any money in this venture as you say the material is very very expensive and by the time you have templated a machine and added time on for design their is very little (if any) profit to be made in this game.
Believe me I lost over $8,000 trying the cheaper options.

SC

reQ

Thank you for reply! I had kinda the same feeling about IJ-39 being to cheapO compare to leading brands and i would rather pay more money and have happy customers. I seen substance, and will be calling them, hopefully there will be no problem with delivery to Canada

Just wondering if anyone used IJ-39 for low energy plastics? My 3m rep told me that its good material to use for sled wrap kits. How well does it work? I am also looking at Convex vinyl + lam but its 4 times more expensive. So, would 3m IJ-39 do good or should i just go straight to expensive stuff?

We have an overstock of 20" Convex High-Bond. When you buy a roll of Convex 8 mil or Pro-Shield 12 mil lam, the High-Bond is Free. This will probably go on at least through the end of the year. We also have combo kits of base and laminate that will help you be much more competitive. It can't hurt to give us a call.

800-232-8018
www.ConvexVinyl.com