• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3m ij 480

HulkSmash

Just an FYI. Anyone contemplating wrapping a fleet in IJ 480 (3ms "new" wrap film). Be very aware....
This stuff leaves behind an obscene amount of adhesive. I'm talking about, the whole car will be coated in adhesive. For all their years of testing I guess they forgot a step. Great overall product ( A little gummy for my liking ) but does a good job sticking.... unfortunately too well.

Bly

Thanks for the heads up.
We just switched to 480 since it costs about the same as other wrap packs here.

So what's the cleanup like? Messy and time consuming?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Yeah..... smells like a$$ too when it's printing. We really do like the 8548G Envision lam though and 3M does show that it is fine also on 180 too. Have pretty much switch to 180 with 8548 for the lam since it is harder to scratch and has a much better UV resistance.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Yeah..... smells like a$$ too when it's printing. We really do like the 8548G Envision lam though and 3M does show that it is fine also on 180 too. Have pretty much switch to 180 with 8548 for the lam since it is harder to scratch and has a much better UV resistance.

This is good to know.
With the 8548 on top of the 180 is there any noticeable difference during install (better or worse)?

wayne k
guam usa

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Better in my opinion. On a wrap you will see far less fine squeegee scratches and is just a bit "firmer" I think which seems to make installs a little easier.

thesignexpert

I would love to hear more details on what you have experienced so far with the 480 removal. We did a number of wraps with the 380c and ran into this exact same issue with removals (LOTS of adhesive left behind resulting in a LOT of extra time and effort to fully clean). I was told that the 480c had rectified the problem so we gave it a shot. I really like how the 480c with 8548g laminate installs and we have had top notch results with everything staying in place even with old style Sprinters and the new Nissan NVs. Now, you are saying that the adhesive issue has NOT been resolved in your experience... augh!