• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M IJ180-cv3 / 8518 de-laminating

danger

We have been noticing edges de-laminating with this for the past year on white and printed edges we are very loyal 3m users but this is getting frustrating. you can literally pull the lam off with ease this is even after post heating or not . Mostly on contour cut graphics. Is it time to switch ?

Attachments

• IMG_8689.JPG
    IMG_8689.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 354
  • 3M Failure.jpg
    3M Failure.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 387
  • IMG_6167.jpg
    IMG_6167.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 325

asd

I only have that problem with one of my customers which makes me think that they are washing their vehicles with a pressure washer to close to the graphics. its easy to tell when the prints are delaminated because the glue stays on the ink and it will turn black from dust sticking to it.

Glavin_ID

We use the same material but we use 8519 lam. Not sure what the difference is but we have never had any issues.

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer
DEFINITELY looks like a pressure washing issue. We tell customers never to use a pressure washer and to hand wash only. Issues like this pop up all the time when they do this and want me to warranty it.

Patentagosse

'Had similar issue when I got their new IJ180-10SLS last years. I did a tanker (stainless) for my customer and 'had few spots with edges lifting. I wasn't sure if it was because of the material or pressure washing but it happened mostly on top of graphics, where the pressure from water (*if it's because of this) is at it's lowest strengt, considering the guy is on the ground... 'Sent the pictures at my distributor and they aggree to supply the material to redo the job (180-10SLS + 8518). As I had to fix the problem quickly before the annual show n' shine, I have reprinted it on MPI1105+1060Z and never heard from it since. I still have the 3M material for the next tanker (4 coming in April!) Still can't tell why. +48 hours outgasing before applying laminate (printed on Friday, laminated on Monday...)