Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3M ij180 v2 - computer cut lettering...yes?

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by gabagoo, Feb 18, 2010.

1. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    This stuff is a real pain to cut and weed small logos and letters. Is there a secret to getting it to cut so that I can weed it in areasonable amount of time without getting a backache? sheeeesh.

I increased the weight on a second try and now it basically lifts the corner cuts. Must be the day

Tags:
  2. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    I am doing this for a race car that was wrapped. They want me to cut all the logos in white using ij180 as it will come off easier without damaging the wrap. So I am basically using the raw white unprinted and cutting it like I would any other vinyl. Horrible!!!

They also supplied me with a piece of the solid wrap spot colour so I can do some logos out of that. This stuff has a laminate on it so I ran it like a regular 3ml. A little easier on the cutting part....no lifting corners...etc, but again the weeding is tough and slow.