• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3m IJ180CV3 vs Arlon DPF 6000 XRP

kmajid

Hey guys, i'm trying to decide between using 3m IJ180CV3 and Arlon DPF 6000 XRP. We use the material for small decals but need to use either material. We're big on 3M here but 3M is 40% more expensive and i'm curious if it's worth it.

What do you think?

BALLPARK

We use a lot of both...

I have not noticed that big of a difference from the two brands. We sell more Arlon 6000 XRP than 3M, but that is mainly b/c of the price increase.

I think we will be selling even less of 3M after I update our sales media kits with the new 3M pricing plans we are implementing. I think it is a very bad move by 3M to sell retail like they are getting ready to do very shortly...

So... I would say Arlon all the way after 3M purchased Original Wraps. But even before then it was very close to call, but the nod would have went to Arlon.

Arlon is a great product and will last for years on a vehicle. It is great for just about any type of vehicle wrap. I love the stuff... The prints look great on it (Printed w/ Roland Printers), the brands 3220 series laminate is great as well. It conforms to contours very well and we do not have to use a lot of Primer 94 b/c it sticks so well.

Rooster

The arlon has a better adhesive than the 3m I've found. Print quality and color reproduction was identical between the two when I created the profiles for each of them. With 3M recent move I think I'll be using a lot more arlon myself. Their calendered product with the air release works great for things like wall wraps.