• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help 3M Ij180mC-10 with micro Technology - reviews? Better than ..Cv3?

bayviewsignworks

We got a new roll of what we think is ij180Cv3 but the air release holes seem to be smaller and even laminated that stuff starts to curl immediately. 1.) any suggestions on keeping it from curling? 2.) anyone tried the ...mC-10 compared to Cv3?

Dan360

I've noticed that edge curling on the MC too, I've just been flipping the stuff over until I need it. As far as install, I haven't seen any noticeable difference. I hear removal is where people aren't liking the MC.

Last edited:

bayviewsignworks

I've noticed that edge curling on the MC too, I've just been flipping the stuff over until I need it. As far as install, I haven't seen any noticeable difference. I hear removal is where people aren't liking the MC.
I hear ya but on certain spots you have to take the backing off. I was working on a door near the mirror (no, I didn't take it off) and I almost lost it as it curled and stuck - near disaster. Took me an hour to un-stick it and get it laid down. This batch of ...Cv3 didn't seem very air release-y either - more bubbles than normal - usually I have none.

HulkSmash

We got a new roll of what we think is ij180Cv3 but the air release holes seem to be smaller and even laminated that stuff starts to curl immediately. 1.) any suggestions on keeping it from curling? 2.) anyone tried the ...mC-10 compared to Cv3?

This product was not properly tested. The Micro Comply has a ton of broken air egress. You will have bubbles appear after installs. Garbage material. Stick to cv3

Evan Gillette

I have been using the mc-10 for 10+ partial van wraps over the last year or so, no complaints about installation properties (I never used much cv3 to compare though). I did have a roll with missing spots of vinyl occuring every 4-6 feet, still waiting on warranty for that. I have also had issues with color consistency on this material when printing several large solid color panels, but hard to say if its completely the materials fault.

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
If you use solvent both material is disgusting. I love 3M and I know some people from the company since we hang out in vegas around the sema show but the glue is extremely aggressive on both mc10 and cv3 and i dislike to work with either product. UNLESS they are properly gassed out which helps big time. If you unroll the vinyl after print just a tiny bit to loosen it up and put on a mesh that's off the ground so the gasses can escape on the bottom the vinyl is so much easier to install. If not the solvent makes the glue soft and it curls, it sticks like a mofo and you get air bubbles everywhere that does not want to disappear.