Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help 3M Ij180mC-10 with micro Technology - reviews? Better than ..Cv3?

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by bayviewsignworks, Feb 4, 2020.

1. We got a new roll of what we think is ij180Cv3 but the air release holes seem to be smaller and even laminated that stuff starts to curl immediately. 1.) any suggestions on keeping it from curling? 2.) anyone tried the ...mC-10 compared to Cv3?

Tags:
  2. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    I've done quite a bit of plotting with Cv3, never had much of an issue with curling. If it is a 3m roll, you will definitely have a sticker with a number on it, that could at least tell you if you have the right profile.
    I have never plotted mc-10, but I never noticed much of a difference between it and Cv3. I'd also like to know everyone else's opinions between the two.

3. Dan360

Dan360 Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    I've noticed that edge curling on the MC too, I've just been flipping the stuff over until I need it. As far as install, I haven't seen any noticeable difference. I hear removal is where people aren't liking the MC.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  4. I hear ya but on certain spots you have to take the backing off. I was working on a door near the mirror (no, I didn't take it off) and I almost lost it as it curled and stuck - near disaster. Took me an hour to un-stick it and get it laid down. This batch of ...Cv3 didn't seem very air release-y either - more bubbles than normal - usually I have none.

5. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    I just got a 'wrap bundle' or whatever fellers calls it of 8518+180Cv3, seemed like very old material. I regret it every time I get the bundled materials.

6. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    This product was not properly tested. The Micro Comply has a ton of broken air egress. You will have bubbles appear after installs. Garbage material. Stick to cv3

7. Old Timer

Old Timer Member

Nov 2, 2018
    Livonia
    I believe the MC is for low energy surfaces

8. Evan Gillette

Evan Gillette Member

Dec 5, 2018
    MN
    I have been using the mc-10 for 10+ partial van wraps over the last year or so, no complaints about installation properties (I never used much cv3 to compare though). I did have a roll with missing spots of vinyl occuring every 4-6 feet, still waiting on warranty for that. I have also had issues with color consistency on this material when printing several large solid color panels, but hard to say if its completely the materials fault.

9. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    nope not true

10. CSOCSO

CSOCSO I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.

Jul 18, 2012
    Florida
    If you use solvent both material is disgusting. I love 3M and I know some people from the company since we hang out in vegas around the sema show but the glue is extremely aggressive on both mc10 and cv3 and i dislike to work with either product. UNLESS they are properly gassed out which helps big time. If you unroll the vinyl after print just a tiny bit to loosen it up and put on a mesh that's off the ground so the gasses can escape on the bottom the vinyl is so much easier to install. If not the solvent makes the glue soft and it curls, it sticks like a mofo and you get air bubbles everywhere that does not want to disappear.