• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M IJ180V3 material problems

LarryB

Unbox and unwrap new roll of 3M IJ80V3 and start printing a wrap this morning. 1st 10 feet have specs in the print then it clears up. Looks like specs of dirt. I'm sick of this BS!! Wasting time and money. I never have this problem with Oracal. Why can't 3M figure this out?

MikePro

I get that with every roll of MacTac... first 4-6 feet is crap, but I still like the price so I just burn it right off the bat.

3M, on the other hand, should not be giving you those issues. I'd demand refund for Xamount of material/time wasted. Especially with their high prices.
Can't let them get away with that crap.

on a side note: My Arlon DPF6000XRP is about 20% less than 180Cv3, and quality its just as good. Have yet to see "fisheyes" or dirt flecks of any kind. Plus, their suede overlam is the bee's-knees... somewhat like 8520 (matte) but a little "creamier", if that sounds right. I still carry 3M products, but I am no longer pushing it to clients for wraps.... given their recent business undertakings (mostly takings of my buisness)
Will post a thread about how my new Arlon wraps last the first Wisconsin winter.

LarryB

Mike - I'm leery of Arlon. A couple years ago I had a bunch of adhesive failures using their product so I'm staying away. Have you had to remove any wraps with Arlon? From what I remember it was difficult removing as the adhesive would stay put.

Flame

Mike - I'm leery of Arlon. A couple years ago I had a bunch of adhesive failures using their product so I'm staying away. Have you had to remove any wraps with Arlon? From what I remember it was difficult removing as the adhesive would stay put.

Agreed. Had adhesive issues with several of their materials. Wish I could've billed them for the thousands I lost there. Too bad too, it applied nice.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
I have that issue with the first couple feet too. Maybe not 10 ft though. Had same problem with first few feet of Avery though.

DG7

I don't remember having that problem.

DPF6000XRP is awesome, just like MikePro told you, the only difference between those two is the ControlTac thingy, but seriously is not that great...

ProWraps

3m's material sucks. it always has inclusions, oil, etc.

they have recently tried to clean it up but its the same deal. a bit better.

and for 3M if you want my background call fellers. i order MILES of your materials.

oracal is flawless everytime.

MikePro

no issues, as of yet, but I have been applying the 6000xrp, for nearly the past year, without issue. I have yet to remove anything that has been up longer than 6months, but peels just fine as far as I can tell.