• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3m ij35c

psbc2009

Last couple of rolls do not have 3M markings on back. Now I am having quality issues. Anyone else notice anything like this? I asked Grimco about it and they said it never had 3M markings on the back.
Guess I was seeing things on the last 100 rolls??

reQ

always have 3m markings on the liner (checked current roll also and it does have it, says 3M Scotchcal Film) I am in Canada & getting my 3M stuff from WRI Supply, never tried Grimco.

TXFB.INS

3M tags EVERYTHING!!!!

all of our 3M vinyls have their tag "3M Scotchcal Film" on the liner

if you are in question, take a picture of the vinyl and post the backing, easy to verify from that.

Dtay

Blue markings and core is also marked!

I'm trying to attach photos...

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 152
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 157

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I got a roll of 30" from them that didn't have the logo on the liner. After going back to the box, it was IJ35...not IJ35C, which we always get. So check that the roll has Comply.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
IJ35C does have the marks on the liner
IJ35 comes in a 3M marked shipping box but does not have the 3M marking on the liner.
The quality of the 35 does seem lower than the 35c, mine even comes in without the sealed plastic baggie inside the box.
Maybe they sent you the non-comply IJ35.

wayne k
guam usa

SeaWriter

Exactly as Wayne just stated.

If there is no markings it is NOT IJ35C but IJ35.

I have been told they are moving away from the IJ35.

3M Graphics

Merchant Member
Last couple of rolls do not have 3M markings on back. Now I am having quality issues. Anyone else notice anything like this? I asked Grimco about it and they said it never had 3M markings on the back.
Guess I was seeing things on the last 100 rolls??

Like a few people mentioned, IJ35 does not have any 3M branding on the liner, while IJ35C does. So the film in question was IJ35. Can I have someone call you and better understand the quality issue? PM me your phone number.

Thanks,
Sam
3M Graphics

ActionGraphics

As to the quality of the 35 vs the 35c. In my experience, the 35 (non comply) is difficult to lay without lots of bubbles and defects. Even using rapid tac results in a less than perfect product. I accidentally left off the c once when ordering, so ended up with a roll of the non comply. I would never order it knowingly.

Drip Dry

Like a few people mentioned, IJ35 does not have any 3M branding on the liner, while IJ35C does. So the film in question was IJ35. Can I have someone call you and better understand the quality issue? PM me your phone number.

Thanks,
Sam
3M Graphics

Just seems strange that I thought everything from 3m was marked.
Why is it that IJ35 wouldn't be... just asking

Pat Whatley

As to the quality of the 35 vs the 35c. In my experience, the 35 (non comply) is difficult to lay without lots of bubbles and defects. Even using rapid tac results in a less than perfect product. I accidentally left off the c once when ordering, so ended up with a roll of the non comply. I would never order it knowingly.

Yeah, but for yard signs mounted with the Big Squeegee 35 lays better than any other vinyl I've ever used. Lays smoother, less stretching, no bubbles.