• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3m ij480 adhesive. Yikes

AllianceDG

Has anyone had this happen to them while using 480? This is the latex version for what it's worth. I wrapped this hood and wasn't happy with the color so decided to remove and re-print the very next day. Then discovered it left a ridiculous amount of glue behind. I'm talking 90% of the surface was glue. It's hard to see in the pictures being a white surface but the left side is after I started removing the left over adhesive. If you look at the right side obviously it's an obscene amount of glue left behind for "Removable, slideable, and repositionable Comply™ v3 adhesive that resists tearing for fast, clean removal."
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1751.jpg
    IMG_1751.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_1752.jpg
    IMG_1752.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 191

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
"Removable, slideable, and repositionable Comply™ v3 adhesive that resists tearing for fast, clean removal."
I think they are being honest.
Take a look at the film you pulled off, I'll bet it is clean with very little glue left on it.

That's a mess. Hopefully your 3M rep will chime in with some info.
good luck

wayne k
guam usa

I used that material ONCE. Had the same result. I only use 3MIJ1080CV3, (commonly just called "CV3") it costs more, but you never have to worry about it's performance.

AllianceDG

I used that material ONCE. Had the same result. I only use 3MIJ1080CV3, (commonly just called "CV3") it costs more, but you never have to worry about it's performance.

Well normally I would but I had a job for a textured wall and a sprinter(pictured) so I thought it'd be a one stop film for both. It seemed to work well in the channels on the sprinter. Note I installed it the way Justin Pate teaches so hopefully it'll hold up. Those recesses are DEEP.