• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3m ij8150 & printer settings

maskman

Hey all , any help would be appreciated. I have been talking to the 3m guy about window film That would work with my Epson 9800.
He told me The IJ8150 should work. My problem is , I have no Idea what setting to use with this . Could someone please send me in the right direction

Thanks
MM

maskman

Pigment ink , and when I brought that it his attention , he swears it will work. " My people said this should be it . " he also sent a roll of IJ61 and said that should also

maskman

Ok , so here is what happened.
I set the printer to Glossy photo and printed it out

buddyssign001.jpg

Here is a close up

buddyssign002.jpg

I did have to laminate with 3M 8519 luster overlaminate because the lettering would just wash off ( even rub off).
I tried to do some black lettering but they came out with lines and sploshed. I think with playing with the settings more I could get it to work but no matter what it will need laminated.

Last edited by a moderator:

maskman

oh , the pic was provided by the customer,lol
I copied that on to Kodak production self adhesive glossy poly poster plus and laminated it with the same 3m overlaminate as above