• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M IJ8171 Window Perf.

jaly723

I am having problems with this window perf laying flat on my Mimaki JV33-160. I have already had several head strikes on this material. I believe it is the backing on this material. Is anyone else using this or have had problems with the IJ8171. It's not a heat issue. I have turned the heat down, up and all around and still same issue.

jaly723

Not a big fan of Oracal products. We use mostly 3M products on everything. We just switched to the IJ8171 from the clear focus .

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
My Window Perf is a great product and I guarantee you that if you use it that you will switch to it everytime! 54"x164' $369 for Signs101

jaly723

I have had 3 head strikes. I cant walk away from it while it is printing. I just want to know if anyone else is using this material. I have the heat down low and I am printing on 12 pass, so it takes forever to print windows now. I have to have some heat on this to dry the ink.

jaly723

I have printed on high heat all the way to no heat. same buckling issue. it doesnt lay flat on the end of the media where the media guides lay. after a few minutes of printing the media guide veers off the media thus creating the head strikes.

jaly723

ok, what do you think the heat should be set on? and if i have the heat on as low as possible then what about the ink not drying and sticking to the back of the roll when it is rolled up on the take up reel. And Im sure i can roll it out from behind, but I print about 30' at a time and I like to print and do other things in the shop.

jaly723

yeah i know a lot of people hate 3M, I havent had any problems out of any of their materials until I bought the IJ8171 window perf.

Carl Crabtree

Hey Bigfish. I use a lot of perf. We mainly use clear focus. It's rated for 2 years and removes easily after a couple of years. We tried some of Proveer's Chinese crap, but it faded after less than a year and got brittle and had to be scraped off with a lot of elbow grease. How does your perf compare to the clear focus? How long is it rated for?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Hey Bigfish. I use a lot of perf. We mainly use clear focus. It's rated for 2 years and removes easily after a couple of years. We tried some of Proveer's Chinese crap, but it faded after less than a year and got brittle and had to be scraped off with a lot of elbow grease. How does your perf compare to the clear focus? How long is it rated for?

Well I have been selling this perf to some of the biggest shops in the industry for at least 9 years and I am almost positive I have never had a single issue with it. It will give you 2 years outdoors no problem for clean removal. I have seen the Proveer crap and my product is not theirs thats for sure. Give it a shot you wont be dissapointed.

signworldusinc

Merchant Member
We also stock some high quality window perf. rolls at a competitive price; if you would like, we can send you a few feet of sample material for you to test, the product is rated to last three years minimum outdoor with easy removal. PM me if you are interested.