• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M MCS Certified Printer Suggestions

jfiscus

Rap Master
Thank you all for your input!
Anyone else with experience with these printers or any other info? I value the opinions of the seasoned professionals on here more than you know!

Decomurale

Custom wallpaper shop
We just got our Epson S60600. I seem to be having issues with banding at 4,6,8 and even 10 pass. Almost looks like ink deprivation as it isn’t really banding but more like darker and lighter passes causing visual horizontal lines in the print. Mostly in dark Colors. Anyone else having this issue? We use caldera and even tried the bundled onyx rip and got the same results. Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks

We just got our Epson S60600. I seem to be having issues with banding at 4,6,8 and even 10 pass. Almost looks like ink deprivation as it isn’t really banding but more like darker and lighter passes causing visual horizontal lines in the print. Mostly in dark Colors. Anyone else having this issue? We use caldera and even tried the bundled onyx rip and got the same results. Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks

This sounds like an artifact called chromatic banding. What is the media? Can you post a pic that illustrates the effect?

Decomurale

Custom wallpaper shop
This sounds like an artifact called chromatic banding. What is the media? Can you post a pic that illustrates the effect?
Ya I tried uni directional to no avail. This happens on all media. I have posted 3 pictures
56BEC60C-30F4-449C-8C2F-CD4D308D6AE0.jpeg
56BEC60C-30F4-449C-8C2F-CD4D308D6AE0.jpeg

Attachments

• C8B953CA-CBBB-4914-8413-70C7466DA227.jpeg
    C8B953CA-CBBB-4914-8413-70C7466DA227.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 210
  • 47001A97-0578-4179-8170-0A21EDCEC097.jpeg
    47001A97-0578-4179-8170-0A21EDCEC097.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 210

Kumo

We are looking to upgrade to a 3M MCS Certified Printer (see list at http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/1226481O/brochure-mcs-quality-printers-overview.pdf ) and I would like the opinions of everyone else on here. I have experience with a lot of the different printer manufacturers older models, but some of these new models are fresh off the line and I don't know much about them. Is anyone here running them, what do you think of them, and which one would you suggest we look into adding to our shop?

We are primarily a vehicle wrap business, but we also do some signage/walls/etc. We run Onyx for our RIPs.

Have you tried looking at the OKI M64S? Overview | ColorPainter M-64s | ColorPainter Graphic Printers | OKI Data Americas

jfiscus

Rap Master
To the poster above with banding isues, the material feed calibration setting looks to be your issue.