• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M "Micro Comply" vinyl?

jfiscus

Rap Master
I was informed yesterday that all of the 3M 180C vinyls are getting ready to be switched over from "Comply" to their new "Micro Comply" adhesive.... and that the new vinyl colors might be "slightly different"??? They said there are no more air egress channels and that the adhesive is now micro-encapsulated until pressure is applied and the bubbles burst (or something, cause the sales reps don't really know what's up either). I am still unable to get a sample of this new material for testing, yet was also told that our next shipment of vinyl we are supposed to be receiving within a week or two will be made with their new formula.

Anyone here know what is going on? :omg::omg::banghead::banghead:

Zac

Mediocre Designer
My guys have also noticed changes in our IJ180CV3. Asked me if it was the same stuff we always use and it was.

B Snyder

:Oops:
Sorry, you said, "what is going on?" and asked about the adhesive properties and color availability. I found those answers with Google and shared a link.

Has anyone here received a sample or had a sneak peek?

Anyone know how this media will affect your business?

heyskull

I have noticed lately that a lot of the IJ range has been down graded, as far as what surfaces (complex or flat) they are compatible with.
Seems to me that some of the issues we have previously had with some of the materials (lifting etc.) are now because these materials are not suitable for the application they were originally intended and advertised!!!
3M have just moved the goal posts!
I love controllac and how well and easy the material can be applied, which can be upto half the time but I am rather annoyed that a material I was previously told was suitable is no longer upto the job.

SC

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
They have been playing with the adhesive formulations.... Fine some pieces of 180CV3 you have that are known to be from different times like some older decals and scraps, etc. Compare the adhesives and you will quickly notice that the shades of grey vary dramatically. I'd also agree that the newer is more difficult to work with and more aggressive than in the past.

As far as the newer micro comply (if that's what they call it)..... they have been using it for quite some time. I have only seen it personally on some (not all) of the 1080 wrap vinyl myself so far. No idea if they have it on any of the print materials yet but I have been told by our 3M rep that stops by once in a while that it is supposed to be coming.