Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3M/Oracal PMS 125 Color Match HALLP!

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by cptcorn, Jul 3, 2013.

1. cptcorn

cptcorn adad

Jul 16, 2007
    Two Harbors
    Allo!
    I have zero access to swatch booklets at the moment. Is there a really close 3M or Oracal film that is close to PMS 125 ? 180C/1080 970RA etc type film?

Thankyouthankyouthankyou
    A

Tags:
  2. cptcorn

cptcorn adad

Jul 16, 2007
    Two Harbors
    Thanks Pat...

Haste makes waste... over-promise and under-deliver... seems to be the motto here... damn sales people.

3. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    I've run into this before. With a must have color match I get a spray bomb custom mixed at the auto paint store and spray white vinyl. Inexpensive and deadly accurate.

4. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    or if you know anyone with kids still in diapers, 125c looks to be a good match to baby s**t lol!

5. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    I should of put in a BUT. I use the paint on vinyl method for smaller bits that don't go on compound surfaces. At one point before digital printing I was doing a 3 stage paint process on white and black vinyl then cutting the painted vinyl. At the time I was using a House of Colors system with their high image clear.
    Another trick I used was airbrushing enamel toners on different colored vinyls. Could get colors that would sear your eyes and they would last.