• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M Prime 94 Work with Avery Vinyl

CUBICHE

Owner
Hi every one,
can I use 3M Prime 94 on a commercial van that is going to be wrap with Avery vinyl.
Thank for your help.

reQ

I got some vinyl today,
And never looked what it say,
A went and opened the box,
And now its in my way

I'd trade my sould for a wish,
Pennies & dimes so i don't have to use this,
I wasn't looking for this
But now its in my way

Your stare was holdin'
AVERY on the box was showin'
Bad day, dust was blowin'
Do you think i can use the primer, baby?!

Hey, I just joined you,
And this is crazy,
But here's the question,
Can i use the primer baby?!

P.S. Call me maybe was on the radio when i was on forums

worthy1

Yes you can. Avery say they have seen issues with primer eating away at the vinyl where people have used it in recesses and other areas.

We have never seen any issues with it and believe any issues to be from not waiting for the primer to dry before applying vinyl.

Avery always say 'you don't need to with our film'. Sure when they always wrap brand new cars you don't, but the reality is most of the cars wrapped have seen lots of road use with grime, gutter rashes etc, so these areas benefit from help.

Having said all that, only use it where needed, you will pay for it later when it makes removal harder. We pretty much only uses it on undersides of cars or really bad under edges