• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3m purchases Avery dennison..

petepaz

maybe i didn't understand the article (and it didn't say a whole lot)but i don't think this will include the products we use for graphics (vinyl and lams) it just says office supply division. i think this would be like labels, tapes and other office supplies. maybe going forward it will include other divisions such as graphics

HulkSmash

their office supply division includes = dennison division

Dennison division = all vinyl products, including vehicle wraps and other intermediate, and laminate material.

they may have removed it from the dennison before sold, but i'm not sure.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, this might be a good thing......

That's the whole reason A V E R Y was being sued.... they stole 3M's recipe for their adhesives and now it will be a legal steal and they can throw their old version crap formulas out..... once and for all.

Lottie-Dottie-Dah.... let the pigeons loose.........​

Kwiksigns

wookie
Office and Consumer Products

Business: Office Products
Global Brand: Avery
2009 Sales: $849 million
Customers: Office products super-stores, major retailers, office professionals, school administrators, small business owners and consumers
Manufacturing and Sales Locations: North America, Europe, South America, Asia Pacific

Products offered by Office and Consumer Products include:

Self-adhesive labels, software, binders, sheet protectors, dividers, online templates and printing, writing instruments, T-shirt transfers and do-it-yourself card products

They have a "Pressure-Sensitive Material" division... which makes far more in sales than this division.

petepaz

i thought the dennison division was like store and office products, labels, fasteners for tags and labels, price tags, all those pre-cut/packaged labels. i thought that the vinyls, lams and such where avery graphics division?
either way it's probably a good direction for them to go getting in with 3M but now all the prices will go up 5% every month...haha

J

john1

Oh no, Not more laminates that are really clear vinyl

*sigh*

cdiesel

"Our industry-leading Pressure-sensitive Materials and Retail Branding and Information Solutions businesses, combined with our strong balance sheet, make us well positioned for profitable growth and increased return of cash to shareholders.”

From the Avery link above. They are retaining the pressure sensitive division, which is the division that would affect us.

AdamLarson

We understand this may have caused confusion. Just to clarify for you:

3M Office Supplies Division intends to acquire the Office and Consumer Products business (“OCP”) of Avery Dennison Corp. Avery's Office and Consumer Products business is one of the world’s leading suppliers of office and education products, including labels, binders, presentation products, filing and indexing products, writing instruments, and other office and home organization products. This acquisition will complement our iconic Post-it and Scotch brands business.

Adam Larson, Product Marketer
3M Commercial Graphics
www.3MGraphics.com

ProWraps

what you didnt want their sweet pressure sensitive vinyl line to compliment your iconic control-tac brand? come on!

Gino

Premium Subscriber

3M Office Supplies Division intends to acquire the Office and Consumer Products business (“OCP”) of Avery Dennison Corp. Avery's Office and Consumer Products business is one of the world’s leading suppliers of office and education products, including labels, binders, presentation products, filing and indexing products, writing instruments, and other office and home organization products. This acquisition will complement our iconic Post-it and Scotch brands business.

3M Commercial Graphics
www.3MGraphics.com

Welcome from PA...............................

genericname

Bit of a tangent here, but related...

Why do companies in this day and age not train their reps to understand the intricacies of web communities? Thanks to modern technology and media, we're all cynics. Because of this, you'd be stupid to not get your reps to understand and follow a target community's procedures before going all "company line" with a PR bomb.

Completely infective, and insulting.

HulkSmash

3M Commercial Graphics
www.3MGraphics.com

I see you handle warranties.... well that's nice. Now i know who to call when you guys lose my warranty report tickets!

AdamLarson

Sorry to drop a "PR bomb" on you guys, I didn't mean to insult anyone. There are limits to what the legal department will let me say before the sale is officially closed. You can always reach out to me offline with any questions, yes even warranty ones, ColoradoSigns!

genericname

Sorry to drop a "PR bomb" on you guys, I didn't mean to insult anyone. There are limits to what the legal department will let me say before the sale is officially closed. You can always reach out to me offline with any questions, yes even warranty ones, ColoradoSigns!

No hard feelings. In the end, we just want to speak with a person, not a voice.

Legal dept. limitations are understandable. Most of us have been at one end or another of an NDA.