• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M Scotchlite 580 Reflective Vinyl & Racing Stripes

Collin Washburn

I have a guy insisting on reflective racing stripes. I can get the 3M Scotchlite reflective vinyl he wants, I have used it once, but I’m not experienced with it. As I recall, it was difficult to work with; dry application, stiff, etc. It says it will go over moderate curves, but I’d like opinions from people who work with it regularly. I do have a heat gun, squeegee, proper tools, and it’s on a 2007 Dodge Charger with hood scoop

Thank you in advance.

AKwrapguy

I have a guy insisting on reflective racing stripes. I can get the 3M Scotchlite reflective vinyl he wants, I have used it once, but I’m not experienced with it. As I recall, it was difficult to work with; dry application, stiff, etc. It says it will go over moderate curves, but I’d like opinions from people who work with it regularly. I do have a heat gun, squeegee, proper tools, and it’s on a 2007 Dodge Charger with hood scoop

Thank you in advance.

If you going to be dealing with a hood scoop you might want to go with something like a removable reflective with conformability I would look at 3M 680CR or the 780CR. Both of these have air release so application is pretty easy and fast. I have not used the 780 yet but from what I understand you can use heat to fix bruising.

I've not heard of 3M Scotchlite 580 or have ever used it s I have no advice on it.